Chapter 9- Target

The mayor took the Vangeances and Klaus to an inn where they could stay at. It looked a little old but over all, it was ok and livable. 

"This is the closest inn to Irene's house there is. There's no other close inns to Irene's house but the downside is, there's not so good security in this inn. You might want to keep your guard up even in your sleep. Well, that's if you can." waned the Mayor.

"It'll be fine. yawn* We're magic knight for a reason." said Rhya.

"You shouldn't underestimate the thugs and assassins here. William would know the best since he was also once raised here for a while, before he moved to another village then back to the noble realm." said the mayor.

"Is it that bad William?" asked Patolli.

"Well I guess it is. Kain village isn't really a peaceful one. Assassins, thugs, villains and whatever you could think of runs around the village. It's especially not safe at night. Someone broke into my room once and attacked me when I was little. He was the leader of a gang." explained William.

"That bastard dares to harm captain." said Klaus bawling his hand into a fist.

"Relax Klaus it's ok. I'll just have to go talk to him. He gave me a scar when I was younger." said William.

"More like demolish him and his gang." snorted Rhya while yawning as well.

They went into the inn and saw an old lady with white hair and black eyes in charge of it. William walked up to the receptionist.

"Hello Grandma Kan. Long time no see I hope you and your inn is still doing well." greeted William.

The old lady whose name was Kan looked up and saw William.

"William long time no see kid." the lady greeted back.

"I see you still recognize me even if I'm wearing a mask." said William with a small smile on his face.

"I could always recognize your voice no matter how much you've matured. I was one of the three people who took care of you after all." said Kan.

"So how are you? Is your inn doing well?" asked William.

"I'm fine I guess. Just a little bored. Not a lot of things has been happening. usually there's fights and all of that which keeps me entertained." replied Kan.

'What kind of old lady is she?!'  thought Klaus and Asta.

'Seems fun.'  thought Rhya.

"Then isn't that good? You're getting old so the drama and fighting that you always like isn't so healthy for you." said William.

"Old my a** you brat! I'm still healthy and strong. Plus, as you can see, my inn is still going pretty well so there's nothing to worry about." said Kan boinking hitting William on the head.

"You're still as violent as ever." said William with a smile.

"So why are you here anyways? Who are those people? That short one kind of looks like you. Is that your blood brother? He also kind of looks like your mother. Where's the other one as well?" asked Kan.

'What is she talking about? We're not even blood related. Plus, 'the one you were looking for'? Who was William-nii looking for? And 'the other one'? Did William have blood related brothers before?'  thought Asta.

"I have a theory of where the last one is. And yes, the short one is my brother. His name is Asta and those two are also my brothers. This is Patolli and lazy king Rhya. This is one of the members of my squad, Klaus." introduced William.