Chapter 5- The full memory behind 'You'll always be my brother no matter what'

Silence filled the room immediately after Asta finished what he was saying. Everyone stared at Asta who had a few tears rolling down his face at this point. Orsi, Lily and Yuno(the people representing the church and Hage village) couldn't say anything, because they knew that it was all true. Every single word that came out of Asta's mouth, did not include a single lie in them. Damnatio looked at the church(I'm gonna call Orsi, Lily and Yuno's ide that since they are from the church in Hage village) and asked,

"The people on the church's side, do you have anything to say to defend yourself against    Asta-kun's statement?"

No one in the church said anything, they just stared at the floor in silence.

"Nothing to say?" asked Damnatio.

"They have nothing to say because it's all true. Isn't that right Asta?" asked William with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah." agreed Asta.

"Asta, how could you defend someone who took you away and not defend us? The people who too you in and raised you when you were little? You were abandoned and we took you into the church." said Lily.

"You may have took me in after I was left on the church's door step, but the love you gave me slowly decreased to zero. Everything was about Yuno. All the love and attention, they were all given to Yuno me receiving none. Does it even count as you guys raising me if I was the one who was neglected? It technically just means you just took me in and left me behind to take care of myself." said Asta glaring at Lily.

The people at the church was shocked seeing Asta glare at Lily. He always tried to ask for her hand in marriage when he was younger.

"But Asta, all they did was take you away from us! Your real family! Your home was in Hage village! It was were your childhood was. Don't you miss it?" asked Orsi.

"Don't you miss me?" added Yuno.

"Yes, I do miss Hage village a little. But you saying my childhood was there, isn't true. I never really had a childhood. I had a horrible childhood. I was forgotten, a small child who was growing never receiving any love. And Yuno, I don't miss you at all. You think I would after you pushing me around? Also Orsi-san, there's one thing you were right about though Orsi-san, Hage village 'was' my home, not anymore though. I have a place in the Vangeance household now." said Asta.

The Vangeance smirked proudly looking at their youngest brother.

"Asta, when did I ever push you around?" asked Yuno.

"Yeah, Yuno is a nice boy, he would never do such thing!" argued Lily.

"Don't try to act like you don't remember Yuno. If you can remember me saying, 'you'll always be my brother no matter what', then you should be able to remember what happened on the same day you hypocrite." said Asta.

Time magic: Flashback*

 "Don't worry Yuno. You'll always be my brother no matter what." said Asta with a huge grin on his face.

Right after Asta said that, they heard ruffling bush noises. Yuno was extremely scared for his life and hid behind Asta afraid of whatever was there. Asta was also scared however, he knew he had to stay strong for Yuno. 'I have to protect Yuno no matter what. Father and the others would be sad if something had happened to Yuno.'  thought Asta picking up a stick nearby. Then, another thought came across his head, 'But........would they be sad if something happened to me? No, I need to think positively! Of course they would! I'm their family as well, just like Yuno! Although I've kind of been neglected but that's fine! Maybe that's just how they want to express their love for me.'  thought Asta.

Asta felt something or someone tug his shirt and turned around. It was Yuno who was shaking rapidly a few tears falling down his face.

"Yuno what's wrong?" asked Asta.

"I-I'm scared. What if something happens and I die?" asked Yuno.

"Don't worry you won't die. I'll protect you Yuno." replied Asta with a reassuring smile on his face.

"You will?" asked Yuno.

"I will." said Asta.

"Promise?" asked Yuno.

"Promise." said Asta.

Then, wolves jumped out of the bushes and surrounded the two young boys. Yuno's grip on Asta's shirt tightened telling Asta he was really scared. A wolf leaped at Asta but jumped back when Asta swung the stick at it. The others wolves started leaping at Asta as well. Asta looked at Yuno fro help but, Yuno didn't help. Instead, Yuno ran  away not bothering to help Asta like the coward he was(only in this fanfic of course).

"Yuno! Help!" shouted Asta which made Yuno stop.

Yuno turned around and Asta saw tears streaming down Yuno's face very fast. Asta knew that Yuno wasn't going to help him. In Yuno's eyes, he saw that Yuno had no intention to help. Asta was right, not long after, Yuno started running away again. 

Asta thought that it was over for him but then, all the wolves fell down after black chains appeared and wrapped around them appearing with something small and black with wings but, the creature soon disappeared.

Asta made it back tot he church with some injuries but nothing life-threatening. He was scolded for coming home late and getting his clothes dirty. Yuno didn't help him in this either. He was behind Lily watching Asta get scolded.

Asta confronted Yuno after this, and all Yuno replied was, 'you said 'you'll always be my brother no matter what' right? Then don't complain, we're still brothers after all'.

End of flashback*

Everyone was shocked hearing this.

"But in the end you broke the promise that we made." said Yuno.

"You have no right to say that hypocrite. You're not my brother. You're just a coward who only cares about your own life, leaving others behind in bad situations." said Asta.

"But you were alive after all. You never told us that you unlocked your magic back then. maybe you would've been treated better if we knew you had such powerful magic Asta." said Yuno.

"You don't deserve to know. After that day, the brother bond between us was broken. I was only saved because of Kuro. He was the only reason I'm still alive breathing and I thank him for that." said Asta.

Kuro yipped in response happy from the thanks he got.

"Everything that happened back then was the full memory. The promise, what I said and your betrayal. That was the full memory of the day I said 'you'll always be my brother no matter what' " 

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter. Also, if you find any problems with my chapters please tell me.

!DISCLAIMER: Black Clover does not belong to me!