18. Missing.

Nandini

It's been 2 week since I last saw anyone from my in-laws side. My parents wanted us to visit Tirupati temple before my wedding, so we were there for a week and half. My father even invited Malhotra's but Manik had a meeting in Delhi and Mukti was busy with wedding preparation. So Mom and Dad said they will tag along my parents some other time as they had to be here for other wedding arrangements.

Manik and I tried to keep in touch as much as we could but he was always busy. And I understood that knowing he is going to take a month off for our wedding. We reached Mumbai yesterday evening, so deciding on visiting him I headed downstairs.

"Mumma.." She looked up at me from her diary.

"Can I go and visit Malhotra house.?" I asked almost blushing. My mother chuckled but nodded her head in yes. I was in a good state so I directly headed out bidding bye to her.

I entered in driver's seat and headed off to Malhotra mansion. But there was this unsettling feeling in my heart. Like something bad is gonna happen. I tried to brush off my thoughts as I parked my car infront of Malhotra mansion. The guard took the keys from me and greeted me as "choti Ma'am." I chuckled at him knowing how much ever I say to call me Nandini, he won't.

I headed inside to see Mukti on the floor in the hall. Tons of papers and her laptop and pencil, pens were scattered around. Everything was a mess.

"Ma'am... choti Ma'am is here." Before I could announce my arrival a servant beat me to it. I smiled at him and looked at Mom coming from kitchen. Mukti waved to me and motioned for me to come to her.

"Sorry I didn't inform you.." I bend down to touch my mother-in-laws feet but as usual she pulled me in a hug.

"Apne ghar aane ke liye inform nhi karna padta, bache." She placed a kiss on my forehead making me smile brightly.

Can she be any more loving.?

We both walked to Mukti who was now arranging the papers and everything. She kept everything on the table and sat beside me, side hugging.

"Bhai ain't here." She smirked at me making me blush. Ofcourse everyone knows why I am here.!

None can blame me tho. Its been 15 days since I last saw me. And we didn't even video call. *pouts*

"Nandini... why don't you go and visit him in the office? He didn't have his breakfast today, I was just making lunch for him." Mom asked me and I thought about it, I looked at Mukti to see her nodding her head. "Okay Maa.. I'll take it." I replied making her smile.

"Bhai asked to get your sarees here from that day." Mukti said making me think about what she was talking. Then I remembered that she was talking about the sarees Manik got me from Akti.

"Mukti... Should I wear the saree.? I mean that night he asked me wear one for him... but then we stayed back at the office and all. So do you think I should wear now.?" I asked knowing how happy he would be to see me in a saree. She nodded at me and we both stood up going to her room.

"Manik's room is under construction. His clothes and everything are in a guest room. Your sarees are with here." She said grabbing two huge shopping bags from her walk-in-closet.

We chose a simple saree as it was too humid in Mumbai, nowadays. I entered in Mukti's washroom and freshened up. Coming out of the washroom, she helped me drape the saree and added some accessories. Deciding on keeping the look very sober I pulled my hair in low bun with middle parting and applied a brown lipstick.

We both went back downstairs, Mom was sitting in the hall with a packed bag on the table. She smiled looking at me.

"You look like his wife... coming downstairs from his room, draped in a saree. Only the sindoor and mangalsutra is missing." Mom gushed making me blush deeply. Mukti chuckled behind me. She kept her head on my shoulder wrapping her arms around me.