𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 : 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲.

H A R R Y

"I'm so full of love I could barely eat."

------------------------------------

THE static buzz of katydids could be heard from outside the many open windows of Harry's office. The pair were now joined by Samantha Styles, who had courteously brought beer which was sipped on lightly as conversations got exchanged. Abby found it funny that after the extravagant dinner Harry had arranged for them, they were sat, legs crossed on the floor and bantering like little children.

Harry didn't have the stuffy nature of most rich men and somehow had managed to preserve the essence of the 17-year-old boy Abby had first met. She admired that about him.

"I mean, if the shoe fits, then.." Sam dragged out smugly making Harry furrow his eyebrows.

"I'm not obsessed, Samantha," the man defended himself.

"Harry you have over a hundred of them," she deadpanned.

"Well most of them were gifts," Harry argued, still firm about his stance. He wasn't obsessed with rings, no, he merely liked them and he had money so he had a lot of them. 

He knew what obsession felt like, oh he knew more than anyone would know, more than anyone should know. And that didn't come close to his desires for any worldly possessions. 

So rings were really just something he found pretty. They also reminded him of a fond memory. 

"Don't let me get started on those necklaces of yours!"

He huffed at his sister's antics over his spendings, eyes straying to Abby for a split second to see her leaned back on the edge of his green velvet sofa with the soft glow from the fireplace illuminating her pale skin, "I think they look nice."

"Sammy leave him be, he's indulging in all that famous author money," Abby said, lips smiling gently. Harry watched as the bottom one got slipped into her mouth and when she turned to the crackling fire making a soft shadow formed on the crevices of her neck, he had to tear his eyes away forcefully.

"My bad, my bad, enjoy your riches," Sam held up a hand in surrender and gulped down her beer quickly. She had caught the time on the wooden clock in her brother's office and realized she needed to get going. 

She reached from the sweater she had laid down on the round desk and put it on quickly. Sam watched carefully as she slowly got up, feeling the numb prickles in her veins; the eyes of Harry on Abby. He was always watching her. Nothing changed.

"I've got to go," she said making Abby snap her focus on her. She got up and hugged her, whispering goodbyes and I love yous. 

"Bye Sammy," Harry said and Abby failed to notice how subtly it was disregarded.

"I should go too," she said, "I've got all my stuff still in my trunk." This got Harry's attention. Of course, it did.

"Stay a little, longer. I'll have someone get your things home," he said and wrapped an arm around her as they followed Sammy out.

"It's okay, Harry, no need. I really just want to crash in my bed tonight and get somewhat settled."

Disheartened, expectedly, he replied, "Alright then, I guess," and watched her hug Sammy goodnight, "You're not sober though and Sammy's got a driver so go with her. Jason will drive your car back."

"I'm not drun-"

With a stern gaze and strict voice, he dismissed, "None of that. Don't. You go with Sammy. Marie!"

Abby tried to protest again but Sam affirmed, "You'll come with me, Abby. It's not safe to drive."

"I had one Guinness," she pouted, the jet lag was catching up to her and Harry internally gushed.

"I don't care," he mocked her tone. Placing a heavy hand on her head, he pulled it towards him to give her a kiss. He tried to not make it obvious that he was breathing in the scent of her shampoo.

"Yes, Mr. Styles," Marie appeared seemingly out of nowhere making Harry pull away.

"Tell Jason to drive Abigail's car home, he knows the address. Keys, Abby?" he extended a hand out and she placed the keys attached to a ceramic, pink Robin key chain on top of it, "Here, give them to him. Thank you."

"You're welcome, sir," Marie replied and bustled off to find the chauffeur. 

Now a little impatient, Sammy urged, "Come, Abby, let's drop you off."

"Okay yeah, thanks, Harry!"

"It's all good, darling. Bye." He went in for another hug goodbye, this time squeezing her a little tighter. He couldn't say how much he missed her in front of his sister but he holds her close. And because of the jet lag, the fatigue, the beer maybe, Abby couldn't stop her cheeks from flushing when he nuzzled into her neck.

"Come on, now!" Sammy cried out as she went out the door, phone in hand, typing sporadically. 

The moon was hidden under the clouds tonight and only the dim yellow lights provided vision to the 22-year-old.  She leaned up to give a kiss on the cheek but last minute, placed it closer to his lips.

"B-bye, Harry," she said.

He watched them leave silently as he stood on the grande porch of the house he built. 

Heart thudding chaotically. 

------------------------------------

Author's Note-

This was a bit shorter but it didn't feel right to write more. It would feel very dragged out lol. 

How do you like it so far? I've been trying hard to get the dates and the ages right ahhhh

Also, I'm sorry I'm uploading and re-uploading all the time, I'm just trying to figure out the format.

Thanks for reading.

- Millie x