𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 : 𝐆𝐨𝐝, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰?

H A R R Y

There she stood, on his slate-stoned foyer, wearing a slip dress of the sweetest colour that made her glow.

Harry suddenly forgot how to breathe.

The hairs on the back of his head stood out in buzzing anticipation.

God, what now?

He didn't know how to act and the thought created uncomfortable ripples of angst inside him.

His eyes stoically stared at hers.

And then, she embraced him. Warm, soft arms wrapped around him and her warm body molded with his.

Every muscle, every joint, every fucking cell relaxed in Harry's body. It felt heavenly to have her close like this which is why he didn't hesitate for a single second to hug her back twice as tightly and breathe in the familiar scent that was purely Abigail. His cheeks pulled into a brilliant grin.

"I missed you so much, Harry. This place you've got, holy shit," she said.

"I missed you so much more, darling," Harry sputtered out the truth, "glad you like the place." He was trying hard to sound nonchalant. 

He could feel her wanting to say more however she just stepped out from their embrace making his smile dropped a little that masked quickly with a smirk.

They stared at each other for a few seconds more before Harry latched onto her wrist and pulled her inside, "Oh come on Mathers, I know you wanna explore."

"Yeah, I do, it's like a mini-castle! Harry, can I move in?" She shook his hand. Just like that, the little ice formed was broken.

It wasn't hard for them to fall back into their old friendship. Conversation flowed with ease as Harry showed her every room proudly. He had worked so hard to make everything perfect, it felt great to show. It felt even greater watching her smile stretching more and more every time he showed her something new.

She commented every so often and let compliments slip out that made Harry so, so happy. He watched her soothe her fingers over things she liked and mentally jotted down her every action.

"Now, for the best part," Harry smirked at her, holding his arm out for her as they stood outside the wooden doors of his library he had filled to the brim with books he and Abby liked.

"Come on, it can't get better than all you showed me," Abby laughed heartily and shook her head.

"Oh I think it can," he replied with faux seriousness and furrowed brows making her shake her head.

Everything felt comfortable with her - just like before.

Harry pushed the double doors open and Abby gaped.  

"Harry what the hell," she gasped as her eyes took in the lavish library. The huge shelves filled with what seemed like thousands of books stared back at her unnervingly.

"I know," he replied cockily. 

Author's note

Sorry, this one's a little short but didn't feel right to write more lol. It had originally been longer but this is better this way.

Thanks for reading. Comment and vote.

- mills.