𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 : 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐔𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

"So take from meWhat you want, what you needTake from meWhatever you want, whatever you needBut lover, please stay with me"

"So take from me
What you want, what you need
Take from me
Whatever you want, whatever you need
But lover, please stay with me"

"Lover, Please Stay" by Nothing But Thieves.

----------------------------------------------

The pair had eventually moved from their spot in the grass, awkwardly separating while a blank look washed over Abby's face. 

They walked side by side, now with a considerable distance between them that plagued Harry, and Abby was too lost in her mind to perceive.

She found herself in an obscure headspace. She mindlessly gazed at the people who were beginning to pile in. Elderly people in bright joggers were enthusiastically walking while a yoga class laid out their mats on the grass. They didn't look real to Abigail, they looked like the moving pictures on a television screen.

Her skin felt sensitive, buzzing with anxiety but her mind felt too weak to acknowledge the sensations.

She had liked the kiss. A lot in fact.

It's a kiss she must admit she never dared to dream of. He was Samantha's older brother for god's sake, Samantha's much older brother. Someone she looked up to when there was nobody else around.

Yet, just a few minutes ago his lips were on hers and he had said to her 'I do' - just like that. He had admitted to 'like' her.

It's such a juvenile word - like - but it now held such gravity for the pair.

It was so weird.

Everything felt so obscure she didn't know how to feel.

When the spiked rods of the entrance gate came into view, all Abby could think about was escaping. Walking away as fast as she could so these thoughts would leave her be because she didn't want to think this through. She didn't want to answer anything neither did she want to question. She just wanted the last hour to disappear from existence, for Harry to disappear.

Her feet worked to stomp faster on the concrete, making her Harry lift his eyes as the heel taps of her yellow sneakers disappeared from his view. His stomach felt empty - like a vacuum of misery. 

Nothing would ever be the same, he feared as he watched Abby walk farther and farther away from him. Shame held him back from catching up to her, to stop her and explain all these feelings he had. Tell her that whatever he felt for her was pure love and love only. Reassure her that even though they just disrupted this dynamic they had gotten so comfortable and safe in, the dynamic that caused their kiss to be morally obscure and all things wrong. 

He watched her wrap her cardigan closer to her body and turn around the curb and disappear behind the brick wall. His slowing legs came to a halt.