Christopher subconsciously let go.

His mother had told him once before not to offend the Casspan family's young master, who possessed much potential.

He has no choice but to reluctantly leave the beauty.

"Thank you, young master." Angelina rubbed her wrist and thanked Chase. But her eyes never went to him.

Chase smiled silently. Though he seemed hurt from being ignored.

His past actions were terrible and no excuses could fix it. He knew that. But he still felt sad. They used to be childhood sweethearts and now they're almost strangers.

He hesitated before stretching out his hand and tucked a strand of her silver hair behind her ears.

Then he said softly, "congratulations Lilith. You deserve this. I wish I could spend more time with you..." Then he saw her gloomy eyes.

"But I know you wouldn't want that..." Then he left with a pityful smile.

"......" Angelina merely stood there with her head down. Her eyes looked sad and conflicted.

Ever since that day, speaking to Chase was difficult for her.

It's really funny...

She used to cherish every second she had with Chase. But now... everything has changed.

She spent a few minutes in a daze before noticing someone walking up to her with a dark expression.

Charles, with an ashen face, came up to her and swiftly grabbed her hand.

He took off her long gloves and revealed a delicate palm that was injured.

Seeing it, the man's expression grew even darker.

Because of embroidering a medela flower, Angelina's delicate palm was injured from being poked by the needle so many times.

Angelina quickly pulled back her arm and hit it behind her back. "What is your majesty doing!? What if someone sees...?" Angelina whispered, her voice sounded panicked.

"But Lily... Your hand is injured...!" Charles tried to restrain his voice. But he could not help but feel upset. His heart ached when he sees her harmed.

To him, his Lily must never be hurt! Not even a scratch is allowed to stay on her white skin!

If someone dares harm her... Don't blame him for being heartless...

Angelina sighed and took her glove from him. "It will heal. It doesn't hurt."

"Lily..." The man furrowed his brows. How could she treat this like it was nothing...!? Her treasured hands were hurt!

"Excuse me your majesty, but I'm afraid that i will be going..." Angelina walked passed indifferently.

"....." A trace of sadness flashed in the man's eyes.

***********
When they arrived back, it was already evening. By now, everyone was tired. But... Evelina looked the most tired. No... She looked worried...

"Father! How about I accompany father for tea? I'll even give father's shoulders a message!" Evelina quickly smiled and ran into the duke's arms affectionately.

"Very well." The duke patted her head and smiled.

As they were about to leave, Angelina suddenly asked the duke, "father, where is my mother?"

"In her room." The duke replied coldly and left with the smiling Evelina.

As soon as Angelina arrived in front of the duchess's door, she knocked three times.

"Mother? It's Lina. Are you feeling unwell? Why did mother not join us to the royal ball?" Angelina asked.

"Lina...? Oh don't worry my dear. Mother is just feeling slightly unwell. Your clumsy mother forgot to dry her hair after washing it and got sick. But I'll get better soon! After such a tiring afternoon, you should rest! Mother doesn't want you to get sick!" The duchess shouted from inside her room.

"Are you sure your alright mother...?" Angelina felt slightly skeptical. Why does this feel so strange...?

"Of course dear. Mother just needs some rest..." The Duchess's voice was now slightly weaker.

"Alright then... Have a good rest mother." Angelina stepped back and headed towards her own room.

As Angelina walked through the mansion's halls, she heard a creaking sound and saw Evelina exiting.

It seems Evelina saw her too because she soon walked over to Angelina.

As Evelina got closer, Angelina could see that Evelina's eyes were red...?

' Oh? Did she complain about me to that greedy father of her's again? She truly is using those fake tears to use...' Angelina frowned.

Evelina raised the corner's of her mouth and sneered. "Ha... You won this time, sister. But if you think this will stop me... Your brain must be useless..."

"Your insults are getting worse and worse sister... I barely feel anything..." Angelina twirled a lock of her silver hair and smirked, looking arrogant.

Evelina's smile weakened. "Lilith. From this day forwards... Let us ruin each other's life's..."

"From this day forward? Pft. Oh Eve... What do you mean? We've been trying to ruin each other for years..." Angelina laughed, and just like that she shoved Evelina aside and continued her way.

When Angelina was far enough away, Evelina's smile grew twisted and she mumbled to herself, "oh my dear sister.... You won't be able to act as arrogant and cocky as you are now... As soon as you... Hehe. You'll be ashamed for life..."

***********

"Lizzy what are you doing...?" The second prince asked his sister, who was playing with a handkerchief.

"Seriously..." He sighed. His little sister has been staring at that handkerchief for days...

"Mind your own business brother! If not, I'll tell mother and father that you tried to sneak ants into my doll's hair again!" Elizabeth teased her elder brother.

"W-what.... Hey! Stop bringing that up..! I've learned my lesson okay-"

"Cough! Cough!" The little princess suddenly coughed up... Blood. Though it was a small amount, it still frightened the second prince.

"Lizzy!"

**********
Finally, the day of the boutique's opening arrived.

Crowds gathered outside, waiting to be let in. You could even see some nobles among the crowds.

The boutique's doors opened and everyone came rushing in.

Once they caught a glimpse of the inside, they were dazzled. The gowns were beautiful! But of course... The were pricy...

"Welcome! Feel free to look around and ask for help if needed! All these wonderful gowns were designed by the noble Chandler family's young lady!" The staff greeted the customers warmly.

Hearing the staff say 'Chandler family's young lady,' Everyone immediately paused.

Chandler family's young lady? Wasn't that Arianna Chandler...?

Such a lady actually designed these dresses!

The rich commoner ladies went crazy. They were about to buy a gown designed by a true aristocrat!

Angelina didn't plan to hide Arianna's identity. Though Arianna was hesitant at first, Angelina managed to convince her.

The news of Arianna being the designer for 'Angel' spread like wild fire. It soon reached the ears of even the nobles. That means...

**********
Arianna was brushing her hair when she heard a loud bang as someone rushed in her room.

"Mother? Is something wrong-"

"Pap!"

"...mother? Why...did you slap me?" Arianna's eyes suddenly turned cold.