Sam left me in the room, by myself, as he went to meet Meanie Campbell. Dean came in, he was in the corner, I was on the bed, staring at him.
He said" Get out of here, River."
I said" Not happening, Dean." Then I heard the lock click, Sam and Meanie walked in,
Campbell said" You can't keep track of your brother now?"
Sam said" Well, I didn't think he'd just-"
" He's not himself, Sam. He's a monster and he's hungry. We gotta prepare to do the right thing." I'll kill Campbell if he even thinks about touching Dean!
Dean said" I told you he'd kill me when he showed up." Both pulled out machetes, I stood up on the bed,
" Did you feed?"
" I went to say goodbye to Lisa... which, for the record, was a lousy idea."
" Dean, answer the question."
" You can relax. I didn't drink anyone."
" Thank god."
" But I came close." He took off his jacket," All right, Do it."
" Okay, if you insist. Or I can just turn you back."
" What?"
Sam said" What?"
Campbell said" I didn't drive all this way to kill you, Dean. I'm here to save you."

Campbell said" That's my grandfather's journal. The cure's an old Campbell recipe, kind of like the soup. No one's tried it since god knows. From what I hear, the stuff is a bad trip."
Dean said" Awesome."
" Hey, the cure is good. But a lot of this is on you. You drink, you're done. It won't work. I'm talking one drop of human blood."
" I got it."
" Do you? Because you will feed. It's a matter of time."
" What else do we need?"
" Some stuff we got, some we gotta get. The trickiest thing, blood of the fang who turned you."
Sam said" That guy was huge."
" Nothing in the recipe about easy."
Dean said" I can get it."
" You gonna walk right into the nest?"
" Well, I'm one of them, aren't I? So all I gotta do is get in there, get the guy alone... and shoot him with so much dead man's blood he'll think he's rushing a fraternity."
Sam said" I should come with you."
" No. Dude, you reek. You're like a walking hamburger. I gotta do this solo."
" Yeah, except we haven't been able to find them yet."
" No problem. I can smell them. They're two miles east of town." He grabbed his jacket," You guys get the other crap and meet me there." He pulled on his jacket as he headed for the door.
Campbell said" Dean." He walked to Dean and held up a syringe," It's dead man's blood. Now, there's enough to drop a linebacker and then some. Good luck, son." Dean walked out, I gulped, staring at the door." What the hell's wrong with you, Sam?" I kinda zoned out, what if Dean gets hurt? Or what if the vampires know he's a hunter? Will they kill him?! What if he dies again?!
Sam said" What do you mean?"
" You knew about the cure."
" What? No, I didn't."
" We talked about it months ago."
" Not me. It must have been Christian or something."
" Huh. It's strange, because if you had known, it'd be almost like you let him get turned. Get a man on the inside, help us find that alpha vamp we've been looking for." I snapped my attention to Sam and Campbell,
" You serious? You think I'd do that, risk my own brother? What's wrong with you? Look, I'm just relieved we can fix him. Come on, Riv." He held out his hand as he walked to the door, I jumped off the bed and ran to him, grabbing his hand, following him out the door.
I said" Dean's gonna be okay, right?"
" When is Dean ever okay?"
" Pretty much never."
" I think Dean'll be okay, he's tough."
" Yeah, but you're both idiots."
" Okay, grumpy." I glared at his big head, he sighed," He'll be fine. You're just gonna tire yourself out more if you worry so much."
" I have the most idiotic brothers in the world, I have to worry a lot."
" You are definitely pissy." I glared at him then kicked his leg, he winced," Okay, room, go. Sleep. Try to sleep. Zone out, at least." He dropped the key into my hand, then ruffled my hair," Lock the door and windows." I huffed but nodded, walking back to the room, as Campbell walked out of it.

I locked everything up then laid down, holding Rexxy in my arms, I curled up, pulling my blanket up around me, covering my head up. I closed my eyes, squeezing them shut tightly, I relaxed, holding Rexxy tighter. Then I fell asleep.
———
I woke up when someone lifted me up and pulled my blanket off my head, I rubbed my eyes, whining.
I heard Dean say" Shh, buddy, just transferring you to the backseat." Dean! I latched onto him, my arms wrapped tightly around his neck," Or bribing you to let go of me so I can put you in the backseat." I dug my face into his shoulder,  squeezing down more, he rubbed my back, and continued walking.

I was in the backseat, I yawned, I had a nightmare from the moment I fell asleep to the moment I woke up. I don't like remembering things I've seen but they're seared into my mind now.
I heard Dean say" At least, uh, you got my back. No matter what happens, I can always count on you. Right, Sammy?"
Sam said" Yeah. Of course, Dean." I never should have went to sleep, something happened... I can tell.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Behind the scenes: ( Season 1, Ep 19 ), River gets his hair stuck in the branches.

My face scrunched as Jensen picked the twigs,
He said" You good, E?"
I said" Yep! How many more times?"
" Two." He held up two fingers, showing me, I played with his fingers," Then we're done with this scene, okay?"
" Okay!" Jared walked over,
He said" How are you getting more knots in his hair?"
Jensen said" Corey left me with him and I don't know what to do, help me." Jared laughed, and crouched down, Jensen took his hand back." Do you think she'd kill me if I snipped it a little?"
I said" No cutting!" He chuckled, and tickled my tummy, I laughed, Jared gave me his hand." Aunt Corey will kill you!" Jared laughed,
He said" He's not wrong, she'll kill you, I think it'd be funny though, huh, Elliot, watching Jensen run from Corey." I giggled,
" Super funny!"
Jensen said" Traitor, I thought I was your best friend!"
" Yeah, but still super funny!" He huffed but hugged me, lifting me up, I held onto his arms.
" Okay, it'd be hilarious." Then Aunt Corey came back,
She said" Oh, my god. What did you two do?"
" You left us unsupervised." She sighed, shaking her head,
" What do you do with his hair when he stays with you?"
I said" Bun!"
" In a bu- Of course he does, E." I laughed, she smiled," It's gonna take us a century to get these twigs out, dude!"
" Ice cream?"
" Maybe we'll get ice cream and watch Arthur while I unknot the curls." I smiled, clapping my hands.