"Um, we should at least leave. It's not safe to be here for too long," Piper said firmly.

Connor went towards the black-tinted window in the room. This was an interrogation room, so it made sense that another room can look into this one.

"I don't know you. You could be just like those guys. I don't-" Percy faltered off.

His voice was panicked, and he didn't look at us with any trust. Percy refused to come with us even as we started to leave.

Connor came back holding some papers.

"Guys, um, I think that Percy was in an explosion. According to the medical reports and interrogation files, he doesn't seem to remember anything before the accident," Connor explained.

I stared at him in shock. This couldn't be happening.

My eyes stormed as my gaze fell upon Percy again. He was standing solemnly as his eyes wildly analyzed us. Percy scratched the back of his head again.

Oh god, I thought as everything came together.

His last mission was to infiltrate and take down a BlodgeHarm terrorist facility that was involved with human trafficking. Even though a few other agents came back, others didn't. That mission had gone very wrong.

In an explosion (probably during the mission), Percy lost his memory, and BlodgeHarm managed to capture him. And, they were probably torturing him for information on Lake Valor and who knows what else.

However, Percy didn't remember anything past the accident.

Suddenly, the building rocked with an explosion.

"Okay, recruits and Agent Jackson, we need to get out of here," Agent Clarisse said.

"I don't know you. I'm not coming," Percy exclaimed.

"I know that you don't remember us, Percy, but you can trust us," I said softly. "Listen to me, we can help you. I, I, please, just come with us."

I couldn't even think and talk straight. This was all too much.

How could Percy not know me?

Percy didn't say anything as he stared at me. Then, he nodded.

We quickly made our way back to the escape window. Connor was helping Percy walk because he had a terrible limp. Plus, Percy was very exhausted.

Shouts erupted from the ground when they saw Percy.

Everyone at Lake Valor knew Percy Jackson. He was a very popular agent. Jason's face changed to all sorts of emotions when he saw his best friend.

However, in a few moments, Jason would know that Percy wasn't the same.

I wiped a loose tear from my cheek. I was on a mission. This wasn't the time to have feelings. Percy was silently staring at me as I secured the zipline.

I wasn't sure if Percy would ever be the same.

***

"Director Chiron, we found Agent Jackson in an interrogation cell. Now, we put him in another one. How can he handle that in the state that he's in?" I asked firmly.

We had transported Percy back to Lake Valor headquarters.

All the recruits were called into the interrogation training room. There was a large one-way window that allowed us to look into the room that Percy was sitting in.

"We have to make sure that Percy isn't compromised. You know the protocol, Annabeth," the director said firmly.

"But, Percy doesn't remember anything or anyone. This is pointless," Piper said.