Prologue

Fate is cruel. The counter guardian Archer has suffered so much from Fate. He is the only survivor of the great fire in Fuyuki caused by the Fourth Holy Grail War, adopting his father's ideals, coincidently joining the Holy Grail War when he didn't even know it existed, seeing his step-sister getting brutally murdered by the King of Heroes, and worse of all, inevitably becoming a Counter Guardian.

But, Fate is also a blessing. During his time alive, Emiya Shirou met Kiritsugu Emiya, Fuji-nee, Sakura, Issei, and Tohsaka. He summoned Saber when he was about to die (again) from Lancer, he allied with Tohsaka to win the Holy Grail War, he met his future self and had a battle between ideals, knowing that his ideal were not wrong.

Now, Fate is going to shake Archer's world, literally and figuratively.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: On a cliff near the Ryuudou Temple

(Archer POV)

???: Archer!

I hear footsteps behind me, running at you while calling out my name. Once the footsteps stop, I hear panting from ??? when she continued.

???: ... Archer...

Archer: It's unfortunate, but that's how it is. Give up on the Grail this time, Rin.

Rin looks at me as I was fading away slowly, deciding something when I chuckled at her.

Rin: What's with that? This is hardly the time to be laughing!

Archer: My apologies. I couldn't help it, given your state. I was amused that you and I cut such sorry figures. (A/N I don't know what this means can anyone tell me, thanks)

Rin looks at me before asking.

Rin: Archer.... Can you make a pact with me again?

I look at her before turning back to look at the sunrise.

Archer: I can't do that. I doubt I have that right anymore. Besides, I don't have a goal anymore. My battle ends here.

Rin: But!.... But that means that no matter how much time passes, you'll never be saved.

She says while crying.

I look back shocked, seeing her crying figure before scratching my head.

Archer: Oh, man... Rin!

I ruffled my hair to look like my younger self before calling her, she looks at me one last time.

Archer: Look after me. As you know, I'm a bit hopeless. Give me a shoulder to lean on. 

Rin: Archer... Yeah, I know. I'll do my best. I'll try my hardest to make sure he doesn't end up being a twisted jerk like you. I'll make sure that he'll try and learn to like himself! So, you do the same.

Archer: Alright.

I change my tone as I said to her.

Archer: Don't worry Tohsaka. I'll try my best from now on too.

I smiled at her before I fade away. her tears drop as she looks at me fade away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: Archer's Reality Marble

(3rd POV)

As the scenery changes to Archer's Reality Marble, he sheds a tear remembering the time he spent with Rin before a floating blue sphere with rings surrounding it appears before him, ruining his moment.

???: Welcome back Archer.

Archer: What do you want now Alaya. I just want to rest after all that.

Alaya: Archer, I have a proposition for you.

It says seriously shocking Archer as she is never serious before.

Archer: What is it?

Alaya: I have made my decision. I'm going to relieve you from your duties Archer.

She said and Archer was puzzled. 

Archer: You wants to relieve me? From this... hell?

Alaya: Yes Archer. You have been with me for centuries and has helped humanity so much. I  wanted to relieve you, but I needed time to find more Counter Guardians to replace you. That's why I and Gaia allowed you to be a Servant. To make more time.

Archer was speechless. He didn't know what to say.

Alaya: But there is a catch. There is a world where most of the population has powers. And best of all, the world has Heroes and Villians, so you can hold on to your ideals and save people. But the catch is that the world is facing a dark time. There is a Villian association called the League of Villians. They are trying to take down somebody who's been regarded as the Symbol of Peace. If they kill him-

Archer: Hope will be lost and people will be in despair.

Alaya: Glad you understood that. So, will you take it?

Archer: What happens after I resolved the problem?

Alaya: You can do anything in that world after that. There is no influence of Me and Gaia in that world so basically-

Archer: I'm free.

Alaya: Yes, so what's your answer Archer?

Archer: You already know that Alaya.

Alaya: Great, I'll send you there now.

Alaya then opens a portal to the alternate world.

Alaya: I will miss you Archer, no, Shirou Emiya. Thank you for all your hard work for the past few centuries. 

Archer starts to shed tears and replied back.

Archer: Bye Alaya. I've never thought that I'd say this but I'll miss you.

Alaya: Goodbye Shirou Emiya. I wish you the best of luck out there.

Archer walks into the portal, wondering what is going to happen next.

(A/N)

Phew my fingers hurt. Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter. If there's anything you wanna talk about just comment on it and I'll read it. This is my first book so any critics are welcome :) I'll try and write Chapter 1 soon, no promises. Ciao