lxvii. | behind the scenes

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

CHARLIE AWKWARDLY SAT IN the back of a truck with his younger sister Darcy, holding their books, clothes and pencils in two large leather bookbags. It was so awkward that Charlie would say the God of Thunder was less awkward than this, which was really saying something because he was the King of Awkwardness (sarcasm, too, but that's not the point).

The two siblings looked at each other, pressing their lips into a straight line for they needed to talk or listen to someone else talk, but it didn't seem like anyone would talk, so they had to take talking matters into their own hands. Darcy rocked back and forth. "Hey, what's your field?" she asked someone.

The man gave her a bewildered look like she just broke a million laws (well she has before, it wasn't one million, but it was a few. Anyways that wasn't the point). "We're not supposed to talk to each other." he gasped.

"Boy Scout leader. Got it," she smacked her lips. Charlie snorted. "And you?" she asked another.

She replied, "Nuclear Biology."

Very interesting, Charlie thought.

Darcy looked at the man next to her to tell what field he was in. Charlie could tell this whole conversation was just figuring out why S.W.O.R.D contacted them and told them it was urgent and get here as soon as possible in other words they'll drive you here.

"Artificial Intelligence." he answered, nodding.

Charlie pointed at himself and Darcy with a huge smile as he processed what everyone else just said. "We're astrophysics." he informed them all.

Darcy smacked her lips again. "We got the full clown car, Charlie. It means whatever the threat is, S.W.O.R.D clearly has no idea what they're dealing with." she sighed.

"Or who." Charlie raised an eyebrow to make it dramatic, which it kind of did make it really dramatic in many ways. These people new to superhero drama definitely weren't ready for what was coming to them very soon. "We're in for a treat, y'all."

The man who the Lewis siblings didn't like spoke up. "I'm a chemical engineer."

"No one cares." Darcy deadpanned.

_____

THE SIBLINGS WALKED INTO a quarantined tent where they saw a whole view of one side of Westview. Charlie noted they were sending in a drone probably for information, but what confused him about the drones was how it disappeared. Darcy didn't exactly tell him what was going on in Westview nor did the news. What exactly were they dealing with here, and what mess did Charlie get himself into now?