xiv. | "pet him"

2016

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

DOROTTYA RAKOCZY SIPPED ON HER COFFEE. She set her coffee down and stirred the contents around with a butter knife, watching the liquid spin around in a circle. She looked up and met Wanda's gaze, she smiled and Dorottya returned it.

Sitting across from Dorottya, Wanda poured a packet of sugar into her black coffee, her fingers nimble. Dorottya didn't understand how people could even like the taste of something as bitter as black coffee.

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve asked the group over the comms, his voice a bit staticky and unclear, but Dorottya could still somewhat make the words out.

Dorottya tilted her head up, her eyes shimmering in admiration as she slowly turned her head around to pretend she was waiting for someone to show up to her table. She turned her head back around and picked her coffee up.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda spoke, her own coffee in her hands.

"There's an ATM on the south corner," Steve pointed out from the building he was hiding in. "Which means?" he hummed.

Dorottya picked up her magazine, with an ant guy printed on the front of the magazine, and stuck her nose deep in it, pretending to read the magazine. "Cameras." she whispered, tapping her foot on the ground.

Steve sighed. "Both cross-streets are one-way." he pointed out.

"So compromised escape routes." Wanda sighed.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out," Steve stated. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

Dorottya lowered her magazine to look around, her eyes immediately finding the rover. "The red one? Yeah we see it."

Wanda chuckled. "It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha suddenly scoffed. "Which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody," she paused for a brief second, shifting around in her seat. "Probably us."

Wanda lifted the mug up to her lips, squinting her eyes. "You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" she asked.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha informed the woman.

Dorottya turned to look at Natasha who simply smiled, before she sipped off her mug of coffee. Dorottya tugged her jacket closer to her body, swinging her leg over the other.