liii. | drowning

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

THOR, TONY, DOROTTYA AND STEVE were standing in front of the Past Thanos. Thanos was sitting on a rock with his armor and weapons, dwindling his fingers. Dorottya furrowed her eyebrows, she was worried for Thanos's demeanor was too calm. He wasnt supposed to be like this, he was supposed to be trying to destroy their world, yet here he was. . . sitting patiently. It was as if he was waiting for someone or something.

"What is he doing?" Tony questioned, his helmet flipping back.

Thor was annoyed. "Absolutely nothing."

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked.

Dorottya glanced back. "Bruce had it last. My guess is it's somewhere under the debris." she replied.

"Yeah, that's my guess, too," Tony nodded in agreement. "All we know is that he doesn't have them."

"So, we keep it that way." Steve told the small group.

Thor gripped his axe. "You know it's a trap, right?"

"Yeah. . . I don't really care." Tony exhaled.

"I don't think any of us do." Dorottya looked at Tony. He gave her a slight nod, as did the rest.

"Good, so long as we're in an agreement," Thor smiled. With that, Thor's eyes glew a bright blue and lightning crackled through the sky. Lightning shot around his body like firecrackers. He put his hands in the air, and with a whip of lightning, he was dressed in his hero attire with his axe and hammer in his hands. "Let's kill him properly."

They cautiously walked down the hill. Dorottya and Steve shared a look. No one came back after the snap. . . it meant this may had all been for nothing and they might die in vain. But at least they were doing it together this time.

Once they reached the bottom of the hill, Thanos looked up at them.

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me," Thanos paused when the four stopped in front of him. "I thought that by eliminating half of life. . . the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible," Thanos inhaled. "And as long as some remember what was, there will be always be those unable to accept what can be. They will always resist."

Tony chuckled, blood dribbling down his chin. "Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn."

"I'm thankful. Because now I know what I must do," he stood up. He grabbed his helmet off his blade, before he yanked his blade out the ground. "I will shred the universe down to its last atom, and then with the stones you've collected for me. . . I shall create a new one, teeming with life," he gazed upon each hero, taking them in to see if they were showing any signs of weakness. Dorottya balled her fists. "That knows not what it has lost, but only what it has been given."