lxxix. | a cry for help

2025

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

DOROTTYA SAT THERE. She was confused. About a few months ago, she'd completely forgotten why she was even in this room. She knew she was in here because of Mephisto, but she didn't remember why she came back to New York. There was a reason, she knew there was, but she just couldn't remember it for some reason. She wondered if Stephen and Wong had erased some of her memories, memories she wanted to remember. Or maybe something more sinister took place to make her forget, maybe Mephisto's gift was making her forget recent stuff. . . she had a feeling soon she'd forget almost everything.

Her forgetting why she was here was almost like when she was inside of the hex Wanda created to give themselves a life they always dreamed of, and the life that was stolen from them by Thanos. It was foolish of her to do that without asking, and it was foolish of her to let them all become attached to people who weren't really there, people who were long dead. Dorottya sometimes realized that it was a good life, they had good memories in there even if it wasn't real. To Dorottya, it felt so real. She wondered if Wanda could give them that again. . . without enslaving people and if the new Vision would agree to it.

But, even if she did forgive Wanda without her knowledge of the forgiveness, she didn't want to go through that pain of having to let their children and Vision go ever again.

The doors opened and in came a shadowy figure wearing a cloak, their shoes clacking on the wooden floor. The light flooding into the dark room was so bright that Dorottya had to cover her eyes from the sudden opening of it. She looked at the ground, noticing just how dirty it truly was. She never really saw it unless they were feeding her, giving her water or using spells they'd think would work (the spell part was until they figured they would need to somehow summon Mephisto which only God knew how to do that). Dorottya blinked a few times and looked up at him in confusion. He was here merely three hours ago with some food and water. That's too soon to check up or give more food.

Stephen heaved a sigh, rubbing his temple. "Have you ever dealt with the Multiverse?" he questioned, pacing back and forth. "I'm only assuming you have maybe once before because of Wanda."

"I have, but not because of Wanda," she licked her lips, looking down at the ground. "Do you remember Erik Lensherr? The man who somehow traveled universes. Do you remember him, how he manipulated me into thinking I was his daughter and he was my real father, only for him to be a fraud? You sent him back to his universe, remember?" she asked him, reminding him in a way.

Remembrance dawned on him. "Yeah. . . that did happen, didn't it?" he sighed. "Well, with your dealings with Erik and with the hex, do you think you could be of any help with the Multiverse?" he crossed his arms. "I know we told you that using your powers isn't a good idea, but we need you. We really do. I think Wanda can even summon Mephisto and we can all make a new deal with him to keep his hands off of you for a while longer, if not forever." he sincerely promised.

"I think I could." Dorottya spoke with high hope in her voice. If she helped them, all her problems would be solved.

He nodded. "What about Wanda, do you think she can?"

Dorottya snorted, a smile placed on her face. "Think? No, I know she can. She can create other realities. She knows alot about the Multiverse. I bet she's learned alot about it since Westview."

Stephen heaved a sigh of relief. "Do you know where she is?"

"No."

"I guess we're doing it the hard way."

She nodded.

He paused from walking out. "I know you and her split after Westview, I know how hard it might be to look her in the face again and fight alongside her, but do it for the sake of the world. . . again. We're the only few who can stop the madness spiraling into our world, to stop the witch from sending it into chaos."

Dorottya laughed. "You mean the only ones who are still alive, still fighting, not retired?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah, I mean that." he smiled fondly.

Dorottya laughed again. "When are we leaving to find Wanda?"

"We're not going anywhere." he flicked his wrist and the chains come off of her hands. She stared at them. She'd almost forgotten how black her hands grew from Mephisto. She rubbed her wrists. This almost felt like a dream for it was almost too good to be true that Stephen was actually letting her go for her to fight against the Multiverse. Surely they'd figure a way to stop Mephisto from possessing Dorottya.

A girl could only dream.

__________

STEPHEN WAVED HIS hands over the pot of water. Automatically, the water turned into a Wanda waking up from her dreams in a room that looked too identical to the one in Westview. Dorottya frowned at the sight. She could Wanda truly missed the times they had in Westview, she missed their children, she missed Vision, and even Dorottya. Stephen zoomed the imaging to go out a bit, moving it around until finally he found where they needed to go. He smiled and turned to Dorottya.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Never been more ready."

He nodded. "Good. After this, we're dealing with the Multiverse and the witch causing this mess the best we can and we're helping America Chavez get out of this mess." he informed.

Dorottya raised an eyebrow. "America Chavez?"

"The Multiverse is hunting her down to take her powers."

"Why?"

"Because she can travel through dimensions."

Dorottya gasped in surprise. "Huh. Interesting."

"Yeah. I didn't believe it at first either," he paused. "Anyway, Wanda will tell us what we need to do and hopefully help fight the witch."

Hopefully, she thought.