iii. | "leave us alone!"

2015

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

IT WAS QUIET. It was actually kind of nice to Dorottya as she and Adrienn were cutting up carrots for the stew they were making while István was chopping down wood for the fireplace tonight when they watched a horror movie they bought from the store.

Dorottya slid the carrots into the burning hot pot, the burning water splashing. Adrienn sliced up more carrots and pushed them onto her mother's plate, before she got to cutting more carrots.

"Lassíts, drágám." Dorottya chuckled as she dumped more carrots into the pot.

"Bocs, anya." Adrienn whispered with a smile. She cut them up much quicker now that her mother acknowledged she was going too fast.

Dorottya rolled her eyes. "Te nem," she simply said. She noticed they had two carrots left. "Vágj tovább, Adri. Beteszem a húst."

Adrienn nodded.

The thirty-year-old woman shuffled over to the fridge and pulled out the beef. She unwrapped the meat from the bag she stored it in and placed it inside the pot as her daughter dumped the rest of the carrots inside.

Her eyes widened. "Nagyon gyorsan vágsz." she stated.

"Nos, a legjobbak képeztek ki." she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Én?" Dorottya raised an eyebrow. She placed the lid on the pot as she turned up the heat, her eyes watching the water quickly bible up.

Adrienn slowly shook her head. "Nem István."

To make a dramatic effect, Dorottya smacked her hand on her chest to imitate someone had shot her directly in the heart.

Adrienn let out a laugh. "Olyan drámai."

"Hát persze. Szerinted kitől kaptad?"

The doors swung open before Adrienn could answer. István carried in a bunch of wood, his face built up with sweat and determination. Dorottya and Adrienn watched in silence as he sat the wood next to the empty fireplace.

István began to start the fireplace.

"Hello, mom." István hollered, placing wood into the fireplace.

Dorottya smiled. "Oh, we're speaking English now?" she asked, glancing down to her daughter who walked over to help her twin brother start the fire.