xl. | the aftermath

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

STEVE, RHODES, THOR ROCKET AND BRUCE FOUND VISION'S DEAD BODY WITH DOROTTYA SOBBING OVER HIM. Steve firmly pressed his hand to Dorottya's back to tell her she wasn't alone, staring at Vision's dead grey eyes as Natasha came running towards the remaining team members that weren't dusted from Thanos snap.

Natasha pressed her hand on her stomach that churned at the sight of Vision. The area of where his stone once was had been ripped out, the area blackened. Vision no longer had any life inside of him.

Everyone, but Dorottya, stared at the vile act Thanos put on Vision.

Steve fell back on the ground, looking around for answers. Dorottya sat up, sniffling.

"What is this?" Rhodes asked out loud, discreetly directing the question over to Dorottya. "What the hell is happening?"

No one gave Rhodes an answer.

Steve gazed out into the horizon, the realization hitting him. Barnes disappeared like he did because Thanos won and snapped his fingers. That meant Wanda was gone too, because she wouldn't leave Vision's and Dorottya's side, and if she did he would know where she was from a mile away.

"Oh, God." Steve ushered out.

____

THE DISSEMBLED AVENGERS found Victór's dead corpse laying by trees, by that time they knew pretty much everyone was gone because of Thanos.

Steve picked the dog up after just pulling the branch out of its body. Bruce dug up a hole for the animal, their faces grim and sad. Victór didn't deserve to die, he'd been a good boy.

The soldier lowered the dog down into the grave. He frowned at the sight of the dog, before he and Bruce started to throw the dirt back on his body. Dorottya stood behind them and made a makeshift headstone for him.

Once the dog was buried, Natasha stuck the headstone into the ground at the top of the grave.

"No one deserved this. . ." Rhodes whimpered. "Thanos even killed a damn dog! A dog. . . why a dog?"

Steve sighed, glancing at Dorottya. "Because Thanos was stopping at nothing to win."

With that, they all walked away from the grave of a poor soul.

THANOS WILL RETURN