"Guys! We're here!" I said, stepping into the empty foyer of the Umbrella Academy. 

I had sent a text through a group chat that me and Y/N were coming, now where were they.

I shook my head.

"Wanna go see my childhood bedroom?" I asked Y/N.

"Sure, I wanna see what you were like as a kid." She said, enthusiastically.

"I'll warn you, you're gonna be seeing plenty of dorky shit." I said.

Y/N giggled. 

I loved hearing Y/N giggle, it gave me a sense of happiness in a way which my violin and family could never fulfill, no matter how hard I tried.

We climbed up the steps only to see Number 4 sitting on the first landing passed out drunk. Or at least we thought he was passed out.

"VANYAAAAA!" Klaus cried, standing up.

Y/N and I helped him stand up straight, but he just fell down, again.

"Klaus, this is Y/N. Y/N this is Klaus." I said to my older brother awkwardly. 

I didn't know what Y/N would think of Klaus. I also didn't want her to have a bad impression on my family. Or me.

"Hi, Klaus!" Y/N greeted cheerfully. 

Klaus waved his hand in acknowledgement and took a drink from his metal flask.

I took it away before he could get another drink and Y/N and I ran up the steps, running into Allison, my only sister.

"Vanya! Is this Y/N?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, also here." I said, giving the flask full of booze that I took from Klaus to Allison who looked at in disapproval.

"So, you met Klaus, I assume?" She asked Y/N.

Y/N nodded and said, "Yeah, you're Allison, right?" 

My sister nodded and embraced my girlfriend into a hug. They broke apart after which Allison said that she was gonna help Klaus get to bed.

I sighed. 

"What's wrong, V?" Y/N asked. 

That girl is too sympathetic towards others. My God. 

"Nothing, really. Just don't want you to not like my family." I said, shrugging it off.

"Babe, I love your family. So far, at least." Y/N said, rubbing my back which instantly calmed me down.

"Really? You only met Klaus and Allison? And one of them was drunk!" I exclaimed.

"I don't care, I liked them both." 

Obviously! My girlfriend likes everyone.

"Right." I said.

I led Y/N to my old childhood bedroom. The place where Dad would send me if I didn't eat my food. The place where I stayed, jealous of my siblings because they were "special" and got to do great things. I don't know what made me being Y/N here. This room just gave me bad memories.

"Here it is..." I waved my hand around the room.

My old stand where my music sheets laid were tucked into the corner. The room was still pretty dim. I looked under my bed and noticed my old journal still sat under there. I rescued it from dust and sat with it on the edge of my bed. 

Y/N sat next to me as I opened the first page of my journal.

----------