Chapter 45

Sometimes your biggest enemy could be right in your face and the scariest part is that they are right in your face....

Amour Thoughts

I remember when people use to ask how did I cope with my dad disappearing, my mom going to jail, and West doing whatever he did all at once.

Hell I don't know If I'm being completely honest it should not have hurt as bad as it did, they weren't really around when I was growing up.

Yeah they showed up for holidays and made sure I was always straight but other than that my family was my grandma.

They had they own thing going and I stayed with my grandma for the most part. When I did turn fifteen I did start hanging around them more often.

I guess that's how I ended up in the game so young.

"Earth to Nuni trash or keep" Dayza said holding a picture.

"Umm neither put it in a pile to go to my grandmas I don't know who them folks is"

Currently Amour, Dayza, and Imani were going through the last of Coco's belongings.

"Who or what you thinking about" Imani asked seeing Amour in her own world again.

"Nothing in particular" she mumbled

"Talked to Santana?" Imani asked

"Nope"

"Have you at least checked up on him?"

"Nope" she paused "I don't have anything to say to him"

"You don't think you need to talk to him?" Imani asked

"Nope"

"Trash or keep?" Dayza asked quietly since she knew where this conversation was going.

Imani scrunched her face up "Nope?" She pause "crying out loud Amour that boy wrote you a suicide letter and you don't think you should check up on him?"

"No Imani I don't think you don't  understand-"

"So help me understand" Imani paused "you should be grateful that he didn't go through with it, hell be grateful that he's still here cause things could have went a different way if that gun was loaded"

"It was so stupid of him-"

"So people don't get to make stupid decisions now? How many stupid decisions have we made? If I can forgive West for his stupid mistakes that could potentially effect my child's life then I believe you could forgive him for his"

"But you don't understand the feeling of reading that letter-"

"Amour" Imani paused "you right I don't understand but for one second remember that his mental health matters too" she said then walked out the room.

Dayza sighed "you know how she feels about stuff like that since you know"

"Yeah I know" Amour paused "it was just so heartbreaking to read something like that though"

"I believe you but understand where she's coming from she was the one to find her foster brother when he hung himself that night" Dayza mumbled

"yeah your right" Amour mumbled.

The two sat in silence continuing to go through the rest of coco's belongings. Coco been gone for months, Nuni been putting this off for the longest.

"How's the baby doing?" Amour asked trying to make conversation.

"He's doing good" she paused "he really completes me"