|XII|

Scout was sitting outside against the railing of the Serpent bar, as she was trying to figure out what to reply back to Hawk with.

"I missed you too, Hawk. But I don't know how you can feel like our former friendship could possibly return to the way it was before. I mean..."

"--you broke Demetri's arm."

Hawk read out and he looked at the notes he had on his phone next to him and began typing back already.

"I promise you, Scout, that I will apologize to Demetri. I won't ever pull anything like that again."

"I'm sensing a--"

"-but."

Hawk read out and he quietly sighed out loud, wondering what he possibly could say to convince her, that he was sincere about this shit.

Scout was watching the 'Hawk is typing' from her end, but eventually after awhile, it faded.

"Guess you really do have nothing to say to me anymore then."

Hawk let out a low stream of choice words that no one at all, who is in the Valley church would like to hear or to be repeated in front of them, as Scout and her profile, were offline now.

About a week or two later at school, Scout and Asher were in the corner of the hallway with Demetri, each holdin some of his books for him, while he'd be closing his locker.

"Hey, Miguel!" Scout said with a legitimate grin, as she shook hands with him.

"Scout LaRusso. Man, it's good to see another familiar friend." Miguel said and looked at Asher, who towers over him. "You're Ash, right?" He asked and Asher nodded slightly.

"Asher, but Ash works as well. Miguel Diaz right?" He asked and held out his hand for a handshake.

"You know it. Man, that jacket is badass and not to mention... how cool is that tattoo!" Miguel said, pointing at Asher's neck, and Asher shrugs a little bit.

"Thanks. Scout also has one, although it isn't as... visible, as mine is." Asher's voice was serious as usual and Scout's eyes shift around the hallway, as she'd be watchin' out for Cobra Kai students all around them.

"So, uh... how did you break your arm?" Miguel asked, as Scout leaned into Asher's side, as Hawk and a few other Cobras walked by. Hawk winced at the sight but only a real, true friend of his or former, would have noticed.

Demetri sighed at Miguel's look of pure confusion. "We've got a lot to be catching you up on." Demetri said and Miguel raised his eyebrows, as Scout's hand gripped Asher's now.

At lunch, Asher and Scout were already sitting at the 'Serpent table' that doubled as the Miyagi-Do table usually, when Kyler was hassling the hell out of Demetri.

"I swear to fucking God..." Scout growled and slammed her tray down onto the table, and stood up quickly at the sight.

She stormed over to Kyler, but he already had "signed" Demetri's cast with a big, fat dick. "Hey!" She snaps and Kyler turned to face her.

"Oh, look everybody. It is just the whiny little LaRusso!" Kyler crowed and Scout's fists were clenching at her sides, as she was trembling with rage.

"Demetri, get out of the way." Her voice was scary, eerily calm, as she spoke and her friend knew better at once, then to ever argue.

"Well guess what? I know karate now too, you don't have any sort of advantage no more!" Kyler bragged, and Scout looked around quickly, and the other Cobras were swiftly now, all rising to surround her, with the sole exception of Hawk, who was talking to Miguel.

"Actually, she does." Asher stated calmly and the Cobras turned their heads to see him standing just outside of the circle which scared many of the oppositional force of karate and it was nearly instantaneous.

"And man, who the fuck does this guy think he is?!" Kyler snapped and Asher sighed quietly. It was, just, as if he was too bored to do anything else.

"I'm the younger son of your ruthlessly disrespectful and stupid asshole of a Sensei, John Kreese. And also... I'm the Serpent King." He said and Kyler busted out laughing.

"That is real Grade A bullshit, man, that right there. There is no way in a hell, that you're that guy's son! In that case... prove it!" Kyler lunged at him and Asher sighed, swinging his foot hard in a roundhouse and Kyler's head snapped back, and they could all hear his nose crunch.

"Anyone else need proof?" Asher asked rhetorically and Kyler spat out blood in his direction, as Scout picked up her backpack and raced quickly after Demetri, with Asher not far, as usual, not far behind her.