|I|

|Scout LaRusso|

Scout looked into the mirror and almost didn't recognize the girl in front of her, as she looked into the mirror. She raised a hand and the girl in the mirror, she did the same.

Scout moved her hand to touch the new scar under her left eye, the same eye that had a scar just above it. Once again, the mirror girl, she did the very same thing as her.

"God, what happened to me?" She asked herself out-loud and she looked around the room quickly, feeling very stupid for expecting an answer from a person who hadn't been there for at least a week.

She looked at the corner of her bedside table, looking a little confused as to why it looked a little bumpy, and also a bit uneven.

She walked over and she traced her hand over the top of the table and her hand hit something. She opened the top drawer and she found a folded-up note, along with a couple of boxes.

"Hey Girl Scout.

If you're the one reading this... well, then, surprise! I guess. I just wish I could be there to give it to you in person, because something tells me that I'm not so welcome, around and by anymore.

Anyways, I know that I missed your birthday and that it was probably a huge event and shit, that I should have found a way to sneak into. But, since I didn't and I feel like a total tool about it..."

Scout was smiling for the first time in weeks, at the familiar dry humor, that Asher always had, no matter what the situation.

"Anyways. Open the boxes and happy belated birthday(s). I know that you'll like them... hopefully. If you don't, well, I guess that I'll get them thrown in my face the next time you come to see me, and my boys. If you can get away from your mom for near long enough to do so, that is great. But don't let me be the catalyst for tearing your family to itty, bitty pieces. Please."

S

cout finished the note and she carefully folded it back up, as she sighed and opened the boxes. She looked into the first one and found a pair of serpent earrings and she was smiling a little, and she puts them into her ears quickly.

She opened the second and it was a necklace with a Serpent on it, and she was practically crushed by the way at least indirectly, she had not been able to go and drive to see him. "What the fuck is wrong with me?" She whispers and lowered her head a bit.

She swung her Serpent jacket over her shoulders, hung the necklace on her neck, and walked out of her room with the limp in her left leg, much less visible now. "And just where, do you think that you are going?" And at the sound of her mom's voice, Scout was already sensing trouble.

"I'm going out. Sorry if I disturbed you." Scout stated and Amanda sighed at her daughter's words now, turnin' a single page in the binder in her hands and shakes her head.

"You are not allowed to visit him honey, you know that. I'm sorry, but that is the way that it has to be." Scout felt like her chest was being crushed by a ton of weights, as she just shakes her head at Amanda.

"I really do hope, that it keeps you up at night Mom. That you are ruining an teenager's life and relationship with a friend, that might just be the one single person, who knows exactly what she is going through. In fact, he went through it with her. Sleep on the facts in front of you." She said and her voice broke, as she walked upstairs, as Amanda said nothing in response to her words.

Scout ran upstairs and slammed the door behind her, as she walked to the bedside table and pulled out a burner phone. She flipped it open, and dialed quickly, her fingers trembling from all sorts of emotions.

"Scout?"

Scout's choked sobbing sounds were  clearly coming through the phone, at the sound of the young Serpent on the other end.

"I'll get Asher."

The phone sounded like it was being handed around by a few people while Scout was trying to keep her choking sounds to a minimum at the moment, since her mom was still home.

"Scout? What's wrong?" Scout inhaled rather sharply at the sound of Asher's familiar voice. "Hey, talk to me." He insisted.

"It's-- it's just really good to hear your voice." She said and he sighed through the phone.

"You gave a ton of people a heart attack on this end of the line, and I mean it. Are you on your way?" He asked and Scout winced by habit.

"Mom won't let me leave. I'm sorry Ash." She said and surprisingly to her, he just chuckled. "What?"

"If she won't let you come to us and if she keeps refusing, well- then, we have to come to you." Asher's smirk, it was presumably back in place onto his face now.

"I don't really have it in me for a party, at the moment..."

"Scout, I meant me. I didn't mean anybody else, the Serpents just use plurals for a ton of shit." He said, as she sighed in relief. "Does 9 work?"

"Yeah, that works. Miss you." Scout murmured and Asher's sigh was very clear on the other end.

"Love you too." They both hung up the phone and Scout sighed, leaning back on her bed and she shut her eyes and decided to take a nap.