|III|

"Okay, seriously. What the hell am I doing here?" Scout asked and Asher's eyes flashed quickly, as he looks over at the pair of older Serpents.

"Well, introductions should be done first, before we overwhelm the two of you with info." He said and Scout, she scoffed a little.

"I doubt that you can honestly overwhelm either of us." She shot back and he leaned forward, so that he was looking at her with a slight smirk on his face.

"My name is Joshua Kreese. Asher is my younger brother by 10 years. Our parents are both the same." He said as Scout looks like she had been honestly hit by a truck. "Overwhelmed by info yet?" He asked and Scout's eyes shot quickly over to Asher, then back to his supposed older brother Josh.

Her eyes flicked back and forth for a few minutes, while her brain tried to process it. "Yeah, okay. I can see it sort of. But I guess I'm just a little pissed off at the someone, who didn't ever get around to telling me about you."

Asher winced under the power of Scout's familiar glare, as the other girl coughed quietly. "Right!" Asher, he just jumped at the chance to break the awkward silence in the room. "This is Storm Killian, the serpent lawyer that I was telling you about. She is known around here though, as Tempest. Two of the serpent legends, these two are."

Scout raised her eyebrows and took looks at the two of  the older Serpents and shakes her head slightly. "We took breaks from the Serpents, I was one of the previous Kings and Storm was my... you could say that some Kings get Queens and others don't." Josh offered out and Scout's face twisted in disgust and Josh looked confused. "Did we misread something here? I thought that you had a Queen chosen, it's why we're back here." He said and Scout looked at Asher, who was glarin' at his brother and as of now, he looked as stiff as a wooden board.

"We're friends, that's it." Scout answered harshly for the both of them, since Asher was clearly too angry to speak at the moment. "You guys trained with my dad... a hell of a long time go, though." She said, going through a quick subject change and at the look she sent Asher, he got up and went to get some beers.

"You are right about that, your father did end up teaching us. He knew who I was and he didn't seem to have a big issue with it. At least not one, like they seem to have with Asher." Josh said as Storm had his head in her lap now, as he was looking at the two of them.

"The most likely reason for that, is you were way too old. You're at least a decade... maybe a full fifteen years older then Sam and I both. Ash only has maybe a year or two years on us, barely." Scout pointed out and took a careful sip of the beer in front of her, as Asher was on his second and looks to have no sign of wanting to stop the drinking.

"Also, nobody would accuse you of being unfaithful, the way you look at Storm. I was there, when you first met Storm and even however young I was, I could see it even then." Asher points out and finished the beer.

"Ash, slow down. I'm still gonna need a ride home, remember?" Scout asked rhetorically and Asher sighed, putting the third beer down, back into the ice bucket reluctantly.