|IV|

"Not all Kings need Queens, it just makes things easier on us. But many of our brothers have survived without a person to walk by their sides. If Ash, my brother. If you are one of them, I say so be it." Josh said and Storm nods slightly.

"Can I talk to you for a second? Girl to girl, you could say." Storm asked very quietly of Scout, which the much younger girl was quickly learning was normal for the woman known as the raging Tempest.

"Sure." Scout said and Asher moved his feet off of the table, and Scout was following Storm out of the room into a hallway that was slightly better and a little bit lighter than a dark one, that they had come into the private rooms with. "What's up?" She asked as Storm shut the door behind them, and turns to her.

"You're caught." Scout looked confused at Storm's words, as she looked around the hallway quickly to see if her jacket was caught on any of the doorknobs or door jams.

"But, I'm not--" Storm slapped her forehead in frustration, as she shakes her head at Scout's misunderstanding of the situation.

"I didn't mean it literally, LaRusso. I mean, that in a metaphorical sense of the words, you are letting yourself be totally stuck in some way. It might be a guy, or two." Storm said and looked back into the room through the small peep-holes in the door and Scout, she looks into the room as well.

Asher was apparently shouting at Josh, the argument involved waving arms and tension-filled faces, none of which Scout had seen on Asher unless he was protecting her... "What are they arguing about?" She asked, as she looked over at Storm, who were watching the brothers argue, with the look of someone who only wished for a family.

"Best guess? You. Asher, he sure is one, complicated son of a bitch. He is the Serpent King, one of the youngest to ever receive the title. He got it in Juvie when he was 14. He came back out with two goals in his mind. Goal number one, keep the Serpents safer than they ever were before. Goal two, keeping you safe, even though he was no longer physically inside of the actual prison with you." Scout could feel her eyes widening, as her mouth was wide open with shock. "He really loves you kid, and that is a very rare thing. I would be careful about how you phrase your decision. You don't have to be the Serpent Queen, but just think about what you are leaving him to do on his own. Josh got ridiculed at first, for bringing me to the Serpents, until I held my ground and stood up. I won't make you choose, but just watch your back. Girls have killed to be in the position that you are now."

At that, Storm opened the door and Scout took a few deep breaths, as she heard the argument winding down, as she paced back and forth quickly, as she wracked her brain, thinking over all of the information that Storm had just thrown into her face.