|VII|

Scout woke up quickly to two very strange things for her. One, the near deathly and suffocating silence of an empty apartment or house. And two, the fact that she was freezing cold. In her rather expert opinion, she knew it wasn't normal.

"Ash?" She mumbled, rubbing sleep out of her eyes and she felt a poundin' migraine coming on and she managed to stagger up to her feet, and walk over to the door on real unsteady feet, and she found herself grabbing for the countertops in order to keep herself upright. "What the fuck is going on with me?" She mumbled and rubbed her eyes again, concluding to herself that it must be the combination of the drinking and not sleeping enough.

She managed to make it to the door and she ended up wearing Asher's big jacket, well, big on her in any case, as he had left it inside for once.

She stepped outside and found that Asher was trying to dissuade either of her parents from coming in. "I trust Asher, maybe we should let her come to..." Scout smiled slightly at her father's reasoning techniques, but sadly her mother wasn't impressed by it, at all.

"No! We told her to stay away from the entire group, and she disobeyed us. She needs to be taught lessons."

"Not that it's any of my business what you teach your daughter, but Scout has gone through some emotional rollercoasters and hell in her time as both a Serpent, and a kid stuck in Juvie. She feels safe with the Serpents and with me, should that not be your top priority as parents? I wouldn't know of course, my dad was never around and my mom was a rather solidly abusive alcoholic, when she was even around for anything that I needed." Asher said with a calm tone in his voice, as his hands were in the pockets of his shorts.

"He's right, honey. We have no idea at all, about what hells she is going through..."

"I don't care. Everybody has a sob story that doesn't give her a excuse to run off!"

"Does being kept in a house against her will, count then, mother?" Scout's voice was steady, but there was anger there as well, as she walked down the stairs. "Sorry, borrowed your jacket for a second." She mumbles and Asher shrugged slightly at her words.

"You weren't being held in the house against your will..." Amanda began and Scout scoffed.

"You would not let me go out to look for Robby, you would not let me go to work, you would not let me go to the Miyagi-Do. Oh, yeah right. You would not let me go to see my best friend. It isn't done, I have a bucket load more, you want me to keep going? Taking my phone and camera equipment away, no YouTube. I was making real money and a difference. But, no. That is a chance for me to contact my real friends. And I don't suppose that Ash got to telling you about how five Cobra Kai students, John Kreese, and Eli attacked us both last night?"

Scout had no mercy in this case, so casually slapping the two adults over the head, with quite overwhelming information, and Amanda looked just as furious as she had been before, while Daniel was looking furious now, at the mere very tiny mention of John Kreese.

"They attacked you? Here?" Daniel seethed and Scout nodded quickly, as did Asher on her right side.

"Yeah, and guess who banned us all from practicing our karate? We can't even practice our kata anymore, lest we damage our already dying reps in the Valley." Scout states coldly and her mother looks terrified of her daughter and her wrath now. "Still want to lock me in my room?" She asked, and they looked at each other.

"Well, I would say that your daughter made a pretty compelling case." Scout raised an eyebrow, and, Josh came up behind Daniel, and Storm was next to him, as usual.

"Joshua Kreese." Daniel said and he turned around, holding out his hand and Josh was already extending his to meet it for a firm handshake.

"Mr. LaRusso, it's been too long." He said and Daniel shakes his head at his use of his last time.

"Please, call me Daniel. We are both adults now, after all. Oh! And, Storm as well, of course. You can't get Joshua Kreese, without Storm Killian." Daniel said and they both nodded quickly.

"Josh heard that our Dad was back in town and he's a cop now, so, he came back to help. Maybe he can also find a lead on Robby." Asher said quietly and Daniel's eyes were sighing, as he looks over to Amanda.

"Fine! I give up on this." Amanda snapped and Scout's face was the first to break into a grin, as she hugged Asher quickly.

"Oof, ow." Asher muttered and Scout shrugged her shoulders, as he moved his arm around her shoulders and the painful hug was once again, avoided.

Scout's phone rang and she pulled it out of Asher's pocket, and looks at the Caller ID in confusion. "Why the fuck is Hawk calling me?" She asks in a big fuck-ton of confusion, as she looked at them all.

"Well, answer it." Daniel said with a sigh, and Scout accepted the call with a shaky hand, and put it on speaker.

"What do you want, Hawk?" She asked coldly and she fought to keep her voice steady, as Asher's hand was squeezing her shoulder, trying to be comforting.

"I want you to stop ignoring my phone calls, for one thing." Hawk's phone sounded strangely upset and a snort came from Josh, who got stuck with a elbow from Storm, and he was turning it quickly into a cough.

"Fine. Well, maybe if you stop going after my best friend and the Miyagi-Do students trying to kill them all, then maybe I might just consider it." She said coldly and hung up the phone, as she slides it back into the jacket pocket. "And to think that he was actually my friend, once." She mumbled.

"Come on. I need a shower and I need my jacket back. Come on,." Asher said, and Scout smirked and hopped on his back. "Ow!" He said and they raced up the stairs, laughing.