Chapter 75 - And in sorrow and joy

Start from the beginning

"We can't," Defne agreed. She put Emine in the stroller and took the phone out of her jacket pocket. - When and where do we organize a meeting?

Omer also took out his phone and, dialing the first number, answered:

- Tomorrow at five at our house.

***

The next day, Omer and Defne stood by the living room window. It was almost five o'clock. Emine Diana was sleeping. The puppy was guarding her, stretched out on the floor near the stroller. Defne was nervous. Omer, watching her wring her hands, covered her icy fingers with his palm and asked:

- Don't worry like that.

His wife pressed her temple to his shoulder and admitted:

- This adventure scares me. What if something goes wrong?

Omer looked into her face and asked:

- Do we have a choice?

She shook her head and replied:

- Not.

- Then we will do everything in our power and may the Almighty help us.

The Porsche of Iz and Deniz Tranba drove up to the house. The Mercedes of Hulusi Iplikci parked behind it at the side of the road. Next arrived the white SUV of Koray with Neriman at the wheel. Sukru brought Topal family. Omer squeezed his wife's fingers encouragingly and said:

- Let's go meet the guests?

"Come on," she replied and walked resolutely toward the door.

***

The Boeing landed at Tahiti airport at four o'clock in the morning. When it landed, the girls pressed their noses to the window glass and watched with admiration the endless ocean, which seemed lilac-gray in the predawn haze. The sky above it was starting to turn a crimson-scarlet color, and it was unrealistically beautiful. Just for the sake of this landscape, it was worth flying to the end of the world.

- Esra, are we in paradise? Banu asked quietly.

"Looks like that," the girl replied. - I thought that there is nothing more beautiful than the sea, but the ocean is spectacular!

In the airport building, they were met by a slender man of average height. He was holding a sign with the names of the girls, but even without it, Esra recognized him immediately. He was exactly as Defne had told her - calm, balanced with a benevolent smile on his dark complexion.

"Welcome, young ladies," he said to the girls in English. - Bora Bora is waiting for you.

They collected their luggage and boarded a plane, which soon landed at Bora Bora airport. By that time, the sun had already risen, and the ocean shimmered with all shades of blue, gleaming on the surface with golden sun glare. The lagoon was piercing turquoise and so beautiful that it took your breath away. Theo used a private boat to get to the airport island, and tired travelers did not have to wait for a water taxi. The man loaded the luggage into the boat and soon brought the girls to Bora Bora. They looked at everything around them with huge eyes, round with admiration. The colors around were so bright, the smells were heady, the singing of birds was ringing, that one got the impression of the unreality of what was happening. As if from the ordinary, prosaic world, they got into a fairy tale.

From the boat, Theo put the girls into an open-top SUV. All the way from the pier to the house, they could admire the lush tropics and the white, sweet-smelling flowers of the Tahitian gardenia - tiare. Huge, multi-colored butterflies fluttered over them. Their flight fascinated and gave a sense of magic. Banu and Esra felt like they were in heaven.