'Mum?'

Zoes POV

I was up until 3am trying to get Michael to talk but it didn't work. He just shrugged me off and basically isolated himself.

I called my mum and she has called me in sick. She didn't ask for full details she just wanted the basics.

Michael was still asleep next to me. His eyes were puffy and red from crying the rest of the day yesterday but he refused to let me comfort him properly. He just wanted to cuddle with me on the sofa while watching some films. It cheered him up slightly but he still wasn't alright.

A knock went off at the door which I ignored but it got louder and louder. The sound was beginning to wake Mike up so I got out of bed and walked over to the door.

It can't be any of the boys because they all have keys for some weird reason.

I slowly opened the door and it was a older women who immediately let herself in before I could even fight her out.

She was holding a suitcase and two bags. One being her handbag and the other being another item of lugage.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" I asked trying to sound threatening but it didn't work.

"Karen...Clifford" She said and my eyes grew wide.

"Yeah..You need to leave" I snapped and bit my lip.

"Not until I see my son!" She raised her voice "Who are you anyway?" She gave me a filthy look.

"I'm his girlfriend!" I raised my voice back "You seriously need to get out!" I said a little quieter.

"Zoe? Who is it?" Michael called out.

"Is he through here?" She said and tried to barge past me.

"He doesn't want to see you!" I raised my voice.

"I'm his mother!" She snapped at me.

"Well you never acted like one to him!" I yelled.

"You bitch" She lowered her voice.

"Its the truth!" I yelled.

"Babe? Who are yelling at..." He trailed off once he walked out.

"Just go back to bed" I said to him but his eyes were glued onto the women in front of me.

"Mum?" He muttered with slight anger in his eyes.

"Son" She smiled and tried to walk forward but I blocked her path. She gave me a dirty look then looked back at Michael.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"To see you" She sighed.

"Why do you choose now? You never seemed interested in me" He seemed hurt so I walked over and held onto him and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Can we go for a walk? Maybe go for some breakfast?" She tried to act calm.

This was honestly so rushed.

She barged into his flat when he was at his lowest point then she was rude to me and now she's practically begging for his forgiveness.

"Please son" She basically begged.

"Look you can't just burst in here after years of not talking!" I snapped at her.

"I'm not talking to you! I'm talking to my son" She snapped back.

Michael was honestly frozen to his spot. It was like he saw a ghost.

"I'm gonna be sick" He gagged then ran into the bathroom which was right next to him.