I nod. "It was so weird. I had to look really close but her eyes were a really vivid blue and there were brown specks in them. And a really thin gold stripe."

She raises her eyebrows. "Really? Now I have to look at Chris's. That sounds really cool. Why are they like that?"

"No idea." I spray a bit of perfume on my neck, just for fun. "I was wondering the same thing."

"We'll ask Tanner at training. Let's go." She instructs and we leave.

***

"There's no way!" Brooke giggles as the four of us walk outside and towards the clouds. I sigh as we do so because she hasn't said anything to me for a while. She actually hasn't talked to me since she was in my room this morning.

"Yes, I'm telling you! He passed out right in front of the cop!" Jack laughs. The two of them are walking awfully close. I don't know how many times I had to tell Brooke that it wasn't a good idea to search for a love interest but here she and Jack are.

I don't want to be uptight and disruptive by interrupting their conversation, but they shouldn't start something that could eventually get them kicked out.

Whatever. Brooke can do what she wants. I can't control her. It's her hole that she's digging.

"Why don't we let these lovebirds talk by themselves? I want to show you something." Tanner whispers.

I shift my glance up towards him to make sure he's serious. His eyes sparkle as he looks back into mine. "What do you want to show me?"

"You'll see. C'mon, they won't even notice we left, watch." He wraps his hand around my wrist and stops walking. Brooke and Jack continue to walk without noticing that we had stopped.

"Fine. Let's go." I say since we have nothing better to do during our break. He walks in the opposite direction, not letting go of my arm. "I looked at my mentor's eyes this morning like you said."

He peers down at me. "Really? What did you see?"

"Her eyes were really bright. Like ice. They had brown specks in them and a gold line. I had to look really close to see it." I explain, imagining her eyes as I describe them.

"Wow, that sounds cool. My mentor has brown eyes and white blotches. It looks like something I might get."

I raise an eyebrow. "Get? You can get your eyes like that?"

He smacks his hand against his forehead. "Shoot. I'm not supposed to tell things like this to you, I swore my brother to secrecy."

"Well it's too late, you have to tell me now." I smile.

He sighs. "I'll tell you when we get there."

I roll my eyes, but smile. What difference does it make?

As we walk, the buildings behind us start to disappear and we step onto a field of clouds. Eventually, all I can see are clouds and a small building in the distance behind me.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Shh! We're almost there." He answers, then stops. "Alright, now we have to climb."

"Climb what?"

Tanner's lips spread across his face. "The sky." He steps onto a cloud that's a few feet above the one we're on. Once he is stable on it, he reaches out for my hand. I grab it and he pulls me onto it. We repeat this pattern until we are fairly high above the cloud field we were originally on.

"Alright, one last cloud." He sighs. I'm practically out of breath after climbing these cloud stairs.

This next one is way up high and he could barely pull himself up onto it.