08 | the yule ball

CHAPTER EIGHT
THE YULE BALL
[08]

song: Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

+++++++++++++++

Our quartet was studying by the black lake, when Viktor Krum passed by and was exercising.

A group of giggling schoolgirls trailed him.

As he passed by us he looked at me. Ron and Harry didn't catch that sly glance, but Hermione did.

+++++

When I was writing, or rather trying to write, part of my book, a person pulled out the chair across from mine and seated themselves down. It was Viktor Krum.

"Hello, Lin." his Bulgarian accent bleeding through.

"Hi." I said simply.

"So, I was wondering...." I put my muggle pen between the pages to bookmark and closed the journal. "....Would vou like to go to ze ball with me?"

I was taken by surprise at the question. But I admire this straightforwardness.

"Can I think about it?"

+++++

Ron was complaining to Harry, "This is mad. At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates."

Snape walked around the room monitoring the students. He saw Ron whispering and shoved his head down to warn him.

"Well us and Neville." Ron said.

"But then again he can take himself." Harry joked and laughed.

"It might interest you to know that Neville's
already got someone." I defended.

Ron gasped in surprise when he looked to Hermione for confirmation and she nodded. "Well now I'm really depressed."

Fred hands Ron a note. Ron takes it and looks around the room to make sure Snape isn't looking before reading it. I lean towards him to read it too.

'GET A MOVE ON OR ALL THE GOOD ONES WILL HAVE GONE'

"Who are you going with then?" Ron whispers to Fred. I thank Ron in my head for asking so I didn't have to.

Fred crumbles up a piece if paper and throws it at Angelina Johnson. My heart drops in my chest.

When she turns around, he points to her then makes a dancing motion and points to himself. Angelina caught on, smiled and nodded.