02 | the dark mark

CHAPTER TWO
THE DARK MARK
[02]

song: Sinful Nature by Bear In Heaven

+++++++++++++++

"Come on! We have to find him!" I hoped they could hear through all the noise. Hermione nodded and dragged Ron and I away from the twins and Ginny.

All the tents were burned to ashes. We called out Harry's name but no reply. An explosion of green light was in the sky. We stopped and ducked in case it was a real explosion. But it was just light and then a skull appeared through the light. The skull had a snake coming from its mouth. The dark mark.

Then we spotted Harry by a tent. "Harry!"

"We've been looking for you for ages!" I exclaimed.

"We thought we lost you."

"What is that?" Harry asked us and pointed toward the skull in the sky. His skull started to hurt and he held his forehead in his hand.

Twigs were snapped and we turned around. Figures were surrounding us. "Stupify!" the figures yelled.

I gasped from surprise. We ducked just in time.

"Stop!" a voice said from the distance. It was Arthur Weasley. "That's my son!" Mr. Weasley ran towards us.

"Ron! Harry, Hermione, Lin, you alright?" he asked when he reached us.

The people still pointed their wands at us. "Which of you conjured it? You've discovered at the scene of the crime!" a man with a mustache accused.

"Barty, they're just kids!"

"Crime? What crime?" Harry was utterly confused.

"It's the dark mark, Harry." I quietly explained. "It's you-know-who's." He finally understood at 'you-know-who'.

"Voldemort? Those people tonight... in the masks, they're his too aren't they? His followers?" He asked the adults. Mr. Weasley nodded.

"Follow me!" Mr. Crouch ordered his men.

"Um, there was a man, before." Harry told them. "There." he pointed to ahead.

"All of you, this way!" They all left and headed to the direction Harry pointed to.

"A man, Harry? Who?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"I dunno... I didn't see his face." Harry replied. He then looked back up at the skull and snake in the sky.

+++++

We were now on the Hogwarts Express, traveling to Hogwarts for our fourth year. I hope nothing bad happens this year....

I continued reading the book I had brought to the quidditch world cup. Hermione was reading a newspaper. Ron had some book out. The trolley lady could be heard announcing, "Annnything from the trolley?" over and over again.

When the trolley lady reached our compartment, Ron began digging into his trouser pocket and Harry stood up to get money from his trunk. They must be hungry, hungry hippos.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" the old lady asked us.

"Pack of droobles... and a licorice wand." Ron said. She handed him the droobles and reached for a licorice wand. Ron looked back down at his money. "On second thought, just the droobles, just the droobles. Thanks."

"I've got it." I told Ron. After fishing around in my pocket for a few seconds, I told the lady I wanted two licorice wands and handed her my money.

I handed Ron one. "Thanks, Lin." I just nodded. He sat back down and started to open the wrapper.

As Harry was about to speak, a pretty girl from a year above us, Cho Chang from Ravenclaw, spoke first from behind the trolley lady, "Two pumpkin pasties, please."

Harry looked over at her and stared. For a second, I thought he was about to drool. She looked back at him and smiled kindly.

"Thank you." Cho told the lady when she gave her the candy. Her two friends behind her saw the exchange of glances from Cho and Harry and they giggled. I hate it when girls giggle.

The trolley lady turned back to Harry, "Anything sweet for you, dear?" I smiled from behind my book. Oh yeah he's thinking about something sweet.

"Oh no, I'm not hungry, thank you." He then glanced back to the direction Cho and her friends walked away to.

He sat back down with a foolish grin showing all the way to his emerald green eyes.

"This is horrible." Hermione told us. "How could the ministry not know who conjured it?" It being the dark mark.

"Isn't there any security or—"

"Loads." Ron interrupted with a mouthful of his candy. "According to dad. That's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses."

Harry started scratching his scar.

"It's been hurting again hasn't it?" I asked him. Hermione and I exchanged a look.

"You should write to Sirius about it." Hermione told Harry.

Harry writes a letter and sends his snowy owl, Hedwig, to deliver it and watches as she flies away out the compartment window.

+++++++++++++++

A/N: Ima try to prewrite chapters so I can post them weekly ? I'll try my best. Please let me know what you think of my writing in general. Not the dialogue, because it's mostly from the movie. Thanks for reading!