Chapter 2

Demi POV

I'm taking my 5-year-old daughter Zendaya to her first day of kindergarten. The whole ride she was telling me how excited she is about school and seeing her friends again. I finally pulled up to her school parked my car and got myself and Zendaya out and started walking into the school. There were a few teachers given the kids here classroom number. I took Zendaya's hand and waited in line.

"Next" I heard an older lady say i walked forward with my daughter still holding my hand.

"Zendaya Lovato" I said. yes, she has my last name her father was a one-night stand and didn't know how to use a condom.

"Room 216 the building in the back" The older woman said sounding tired.

"Thank you" i told her. i walked throw the cafeteria and out the back door with Zendaya. We finally got in the building and heard crying and yelling. well, this is the pre- kinder and Kindergarten building. i looked down at my daughter and she looked up at me.

"don't worry mommy I won't cry" She said.

"i hope not baby girl" the truth is i want her to cry. I feel like she is growing up too fast. anyways i looked at the classroom numbers and see 212,213,214,215,216 Zendaya classroom. There was this tall man with curly dark brown hair and hazel eyes outside the door. I got to admit Hes pretty hot for a teacher. now I'm glad Zendaya not crying or else this would be awkward.

"Hi" I said with a smile

"Hi, I'm Mr. Jonas and you are?" the tall man asked

"I'm Demi and this is my daughter Zendaya" i said

"Hi Zendaya, I'm Mr. Jonas it's nice to meet you" He said sinking to her level sticking his hand out for a shack

"Hi, it's nice to meet you to Mr. Jonas" Zendaya said shaking his hand. Shes not a shy child she pretty smart for her age well that's what everyone tells me.

"You and your husband must be proud" Mr. Jonas said standing up straight

"I'm not married, I'm actually a single parent" I conformed him. letting him know I'm single ;)

"I'm sorry" He told me feeling sorry i can tell

"Everything Happens for a reason right" I told him looking in his eyes

"True" he replied

"Well i got to go bye Z" I hugged her "bye Mr. Jonas'

"You can call me Joe. if you like" he winked at me making me blush a little. he entered his classroom with Zendaya ahead of him.