"You look breathtaking today," Pete whispered in my ear as I took a sip out of my wine glass. A small hint of red tinted my cheeks at his compliment. To this day I still couldn't wrap my head around the idea that this was the Pete that had I come to know during my high school years. Now he was courteous, caring, loving, and especially faithful.

Everyday for the past year and a half, he spent it proving to me that he was beyond sorry for being the cause of my pain and misery during the time he cheated on me. At first I was reluctant to even consider pursuing a more than friendly relationship with Pete again, considering our previous encounter. Then there was the part of me that was missing Niall, the boy I was utterly hung up over. Any attempt of mine to contact him or any of the boys, besides Zayn, proved fruitless. In all honesty, though, I understood why he wanted nothing to do with me; I broke him, entirely. There was no forgiving myself for that, ever.

"Thank you," I whispered back, gazing up at him. Light colored hazel eyes pierced through my own green ones, igniting a small group of butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Pete mirrored my own smile before leaning in and placing a chaste kiss against my lips. His kisses were always so light and sensual, as if his touch could harm me in some way. It was heart-warming knowing how much he cares for my own well-being as well our relationship as a whole. Second chances really turned out to be a necessary part of life.

"Let's go dance, Aubs." Pete intertwined our fingers together before leading me onto the make shift dance floor where several others, including the bride and groom, were slow dancing to some classical music being played by the band Lauren and Ryan had picked out. Once Pete and I had situated ourselves in a dancing position, our feet found their own mind, dancing away to the beat of the melodic tunes. Some how, we found ourselves only a few feet away from Lauren and Ryan, the both of them intently staring at the other.

"Earth to the love birds, your guests would like some attention," Pete chuckled as he playfully brushed his hip against Ryan's. Right as Ryan was about to reply, the music came to a halt and changed into one that was more upbeat. Taking a break, the four of us walked over to one of the tables, with Pete and Ryan going to grab drinks for us.

"How are you?" Lauren asked me as we sat across from each other at one of the pink silk covered tables.

"Good? My best friend is the most gorgeous bride, and is now married to a guy who loves her unconditionally. What more could I want?" I answered, unsure of where she really was headed with that question. Lauren sighed before reaching over and pouring herself a cup of water.

"I don't know, you seem off. Like your body is here physically, but your mind is somewhere else," she stated after a sip of water.

"I'm fine, trust me. Everything is great. We've both graduated with our masters, I'm getting my promotion at work next week, Pete and I are great, Adam is too. Nothing's wrong Laur," I reassured her. Lauren skeptically looked at me, as usual, but nodded her head in understanding. With her master's in psychology, she thought it was completely fine to analyze every single one of my moods on every occasion. Again, Lauren was my crazy best friend, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Can you believe you're going to be an editor for People Magazine now?" She exclaimed, practically alerting every guest here.

"No, I can't actually," I honestly replied as I picked against the cloth of the table. After Ms.Lipton's article swarmed across the world, my name was renowned both positively and negatively. Yet, I wanted nothing to do with that article whatsoever. I wasn't proud of it because it cost me so much, and brought so much pain and misery into my life. Despite that, coming back to New York, I was presented with an opportunity at People Magazine to become a writer for the entertainment articles of the magazine. Two and a half years later, I was being promoted to editor of the section, and I was still in shock at the news myself.