Shy Reader (Cilan)

A/N: It wasn't stated which Cilan, so I'm assuming this is Game! Cilan. But I did both Cilans.

Game

• Cilan isn't necessarily shy, but he does get nervous in conversation from time to time. However, this does not stop him from taking the lead in talking with others, should you not be able to. He works as both a gym leader and waiter, so he's used to speaking to others on a daily basis.
• He finds your shyness endearing and always makes sure to reassure you that you're not a burden and you are doing your best. Though if you'd like to try going out of your comfort zone from time to time, he'll make sure to cheer you on and remind you to not overdue it if you're not comfortable.
• He's extremely patient with you and if you take your time on certain things, that's okay! Cilan takes his time as well, so he understands. This can be with anything such as affection, confrontation, PDA, asking questions, etc.
• Speaking of PDA, Cilan is absolutely alright if you do not wish to display affection in public because he also is a little iffy on it. You two will probably only hold hands and maybe share a kiss on the cheek, but that's mostly it.
• Will absolutely lead you somewhere more quiet and less crowded when you're feeling overwhelmed. He knows that it can be stressful to be around so many people and noise. He also prefers quieter areas (he rarely visits Nimbasa City and Castelia City for this reason unless he's with people he knows), so avoiding crowds and such won't be a problem.
• Should anyone criticize your shyness, Cilan will do his best to defend you. He doesn't want to stress you out too much, so dealing with the person is mostly him reasoning and slightly lecturing them. He's an extremely polite person who rarely yells at people, but that won't keep him from scolding others for their rude behavior.
• Anytime you're experiencing high levels of anxiety, Cilan will make sure that you're comfortable. If you like tea, he'll whip some up for you, but if you don't he'll ask what you'd like. His Pansage will curl up in your lap because he senses your distress and wants to comfort you. Cilan will do anything you ask for so you can be at ease.

Anime

• Cilan had already know about your shy nature on your first encounter and knew exactly how to approach you. Since then, he's been able to help you in any situation that concerns social interaction and people. 
• He is all for being your personal speaker when it comes to your difficulty in starting conversation or confrontation. However, he will advise that you try little by little to break out of your shell, but doesn't force you to because he doesn't want to put pressure.
• He's very okay with PDA, but will be okay with minimal amounts of it if you're not comfortable with that. Anything to assure your comfort, however, do expect him to be more affectionate when you two are alone since does love to hold you close and such.
• Will absolutely not tolerate anyone or even yourself for that matter, to berate you for your shyness. He's calm a through the ordeal of confronting the person, but he holds a stern tone that means business. When it comes to you putting yourself down, Cilan makes sure to drive away those negative thoughts with reminders of your achievements and how great of a person/trainer you are.
• Cilan is always overjoyed whenever you accomplish anything that you've perceived as difficult and will openly praise you. He goes off to saying how proud he is that you're growing as a person and that you're capable of many things when you try your best.
• When you're having a panic attack, he will make sure that you take deep breaths with a very gentle tone. He guides you through everything and quietly asks if you need anything such as your pokemon, an item, or himself. He knows what it's like to have so much stress and anxiety build up (especially when it comes to his fears), so he is great at handling the situation.
• An absolute king when it comes to making people and pokemon at ease. He can read them very well which makes dealing with situations much easier for him and you're no different. However, many people deal with things differently, so he asks you questions to keep everything you answer in mind.