ATEEZ-Mingi

Requested by: uwukunbean

Mingi laid face first on the bed, sighing deeply, he buried his face into the sheets while holding the pillow as if it were you in his arms. He was alone. Mingi hated being alone, he hated being trapped inside his own mind. Hongjoong stood by the door, unsure how to comfort his member who seemed like the life had been sucked out of him. He could see how miserable the rapper was and he felt useless knowing that he couldn't do anything that would cheer him up. And so it boiled down to one person who seemingly made Mingi smiled just by being in his presence. The leader was contemplating on calling you but understood that you were busy with finals and little space may hindrance your ability to stay focused. However, it hadn't occurred to him that you needed a break, you needed to slip desperately and have some calm time.  Mental health was important too, just as much as studying for finals or the SAT exams. It took you every ounce of energy not to call Mingi up and stop by Ateez dorm. You were excited that the elder was on hiatus but you were worried that he needed his alone time to heal and recover, ignoring the fact you were genuinely more excited that he was on hiatus and got to take a break from promotions than Mingi was. It felt selfish but you acted upon your child like desires.

When the next day came, you couldn't hesitate. Mingi wasn't responding to your calls and his texts weren't going through, likely because the company and members, especially Seonghwa and Hongjoong advised Mingi to stay away from social media. Which was totally agreeable.

You wanted to second guest yourself but you went for it, knocking gently at the door. It took a few seconds before San was the one to let you in, engulfing you into a hug, "Thank god you're here." He mumbled without saying another word, leaving you confused. You walked in, closing the door behind you, it was relatively quiet and that was a first. Sometimes you and Mingi would cuddle on the couch and watch Lion King again and again until you both fell asleep in each other's arms. But this time the couch was empty and there was no movie playing, there was no Mingi.

You stood at his door. It had a do not disturb sign. How typical of Mingi. You slide open the door, peaking your head in. It was as if euphoria spread through your body, seeing him in person just threw you into little space, it was fuzzy, a wave of relief was dawned over you as if you were over the solar system.

"MINGIGI!!!" You screamed loudly, shoving open his door and dog pilling him on his own bed. The latter was woken up immediately, arms going instantly around your smaller frame. He buried his face into your neck, "I've missed you... so, so much..you have no idea."

You didn't reply, simply just hugged him tighter giving back the same affection in return. And it ended like that, you two held each other for so long that you both fell asleep, you both woke up, he played cars with you then dress up. It was wholesome. Extremely wholesome and by the looks of it, the team was proud of Mingi's mental health and physical health. It was improving at a rapid speed. Although the rapper would surely drag on his hiatus a bit more, just for you.