I Never Want to Get Rid of You (February 2016)

Start from the beginning

She didn't say anything for the 2 minutes that she was awake, she didn't have the strength or the mental capacity to do so. In all honestly, she wasn't even really awake because she wasn't processing anything. But, Harry kept talking to her the whole time that she was awake to try and force her to stay awake.

"Look at who we have here,"he sniffled, bringing Bowie closer to Camryn's bleary eyes so she could get a better look at the little snuffling bundle in Harry's arms. "It's your baby, buggy. He looks like you. Look, he has your nose."

Camryn flicked her eyes down to look at the baby and tried to lift her hand up from the mattress that she was laying on, but she didn't have enough strength. Harry saw what she was doing and grabbed her hand, bringing it to softly graze over Bowie's cheeks and forehead so she could feel her baby boy.

"You're going to be just fine, okay,"Harry tried to be as firm in speaking as possible, but he failed drastically. Tears were coursing down his face as he half open eyes looked into his. "I need you to hold on, okay? Hold on for Bowie and Darcy and Lennie and Auggie." He broke down after saying that. It was the first time that he realized how drastic of a situation this could turn into. His kids could lose their mother and that thought alone made bile rise in his throat. "Hang on for me, bug. I can't do this life without you. I've never been able to do it without you. The kids need you. I need you. So I need you to fight, okay?" He dropped his forehead to hers as she closed her eyes, not having the ability to keep them open anymore. He could just barely hear the paramedics saying something about another bleed starting. "Please, Camryn. Fight for me."

And then they arrived at the hospital where doctors were waiting out front for the ambulance. They immediately rolled Camryn away and he tried to chase after her, but a nurse, probably 40 years old, stopped him by grabbing his shoulders and told him that they needed to rush her to surgery so he couldn't go with them.

And then he collapsed into her with Bowie in his arms. He'd never met this lady in his entire life, and yet she took on his weight and ran her hand up and down his back as he stood sobbing into her chest out front of the hospital.

"We need to take the baby to do tests too,"another nurse said as she came up and tried to take Bowie out of Harry's arms.

Harry flinched and hugged Bowie closer to his chest, "don't take him too! Please." He was desperate, his eyes scanning in between both of the nurses as the tiny baby wailed in his arms in reaction to the London cold.

"Honey, I know this is a lot,"the nurse who had just been hugging him comforted with a hand on his bicep, "but we need to get him somewhere warmer and do a few tests to make sure he's alright and then we'll bring him right back to you. I promise."

Harry looked at her with panicked eyes. He had no thoughts running through his mind, but somehow he gained enough composure to realize that she was right and that he should let the nurse take his baby boy to make sure he was okay. He carefully handed him to the other nurse who hastily ran into the hospital as soon as Bowie was in her arms.

"Alright, sweetheart, let's get you inside,"the original nurse said in a slow voice. He remembers being grateful that she was talking to him so slowly and calmly. He couldn't process things at the same speed and everything felt like it was moving at 4x speed. She wrapped an arm around his back and held onto both of his upper arms as she supported his body in walking inside.

They stumbled all the way to the waiting room and Harry looked through the big windows at all of the people gathered there. He didn't want to be there. He didn't want to be around anyone.
"You know what,"the nurse whispered, catching onto Harry's apprehension about being around so many people. "What about I take you to the room where they'll put your wife after she gets out of surgery." Harry looked at her and nodded gratefully with a sniffle, that sounded much better.