Chapter 4- The Pep Rally Pt. 2

Duncan's POV:

Coach Genghis ran onstage and Violet gasped, then grabbed my hand.

"Vi? What is it? Are you ok?" I asked frantically, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles.

"C-C-Count Olaf," she stuttered, her face turning ghostly white.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me. "It's ok, Vi, I got you." She blushed a little bit, but she still looked terrified.

I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her arm. She started shivering uncontrollably and a tear ran down her face.

"Violet? Hey, it's alright," I said, pulling of my jacket and wrapping it around her shoulders, then hugged her again.

"No," she shook her head, "Nothing is alright when Olaf is around."

She stood up and handed my jacket back to me, then stormed up to the stage, Klaus following close behind her. I started to follow her as well, worried that Violet might get hurt, but Isadora grabbed my arm and pulled me back to my chair.

"Hey!" I whined, trying to wriggle out of her surprisingly strong grip.

"You are an idiot Duncan. Violet knows what she's doing, and she can take care of herself," she said.

"Caring about the love of my life does not make me an idiot," I grumbled.

"Well, here," she said, setting Sunny on my lap. "Watch the love of your life's sister until I get back."

Isadora stood up and moved away from me before I could say anything, running to the back of the crowd towards where Y/n was.

I sighed, "I guess it's just you and me then, little one," I said to Sunny.

"Plidenater!" Sunny shrieked.

I flipped through my common place book, trying to find if I had any notes on what Plidenater meant. I finally found it and laughed.

"No, of course I'm not calling you a baby," I said, "I know full well that you are a toddler now."

She nodded her head fiercely. I laughed again, then patted her head. Suddenly, I heard Violet shout something from the stage and I snapped my head up.

"This man is not Coach Genghis!" she was saying. "This man is Count Olaf!"

Genghis/Olaf gave an obviously fake look of puzzlement to the crowd, but the people at this school were so dim-witted I doubted that any of them even noticed his horrible acting. "Count Omar? Who's that? He sounds like a charming man and a wonderful actor!" Olaf said.

I rolled my eyes. "Shalaka," Sunny said, shaking her head. I flipped through my notes on the way Sunny speaks again, then found what she meant by Shalaka.

"You're right, he is clearly Count Olaf." I agreed.

"You know your own name perfectly well Olaf," Klaus spat.

"We can compare him to the picture of Count Olaf in the newspaper!" Violet said, holding up a newspaper with Count Olaf's mug shot on it.

"That's my brilliant girl," I said proudly, a grin on my face.

"Get a room," Sunny babbled.