Chapter 6- Deadly Violin Recitals

Y/n's POV:

While the Baudelaires were outside with Olaf and the Quagmires were spying on them, Mom and I had to stay at Nero's recital to cover for everyone.

It. Was. AWFUL.

I didn't mind it so much because I knew it would help Kla- I mean, the Baudelaires, but it still wasn't very fun.

Nero's violin playing was terrible, but the whole time I was worrying about Kla- no, the Baudelaires. All three of them.

He- I mean they were amazing friends from the moment they got here. And I knew for a fact that he- I mean... Actually, there's no point in hiding it. I like Klaus. I like him as much much more than just a friend.

He was on my mind the whole time. His mesmerizing eyes, his sweet smile, his laugh that brought a warm, fluttery feeling to my heart. And most of all, his touch.

God, I loved it when he touched me. He was gentle, but firm enough to remind me that he was there. I thought back to when he was holding my hand; his fingertips on my skin had sent pleasant electric shocks through my body and I shivered in delight at the memory.

He had only been away from me for a few hours, but I missed him so much it hurt. It was like he completed me. He filled the hole in my heart that had been empty for so long.

I closed my eyes in exasperation. I really liked Klaus, but I could never tell him. First of all, Klaus was my best friend. And friend or not, I honestly needed him. Telling him I like-liked him would completely destroy our friendship, and I didn't want that.

Secondly, he didn't like me back. I wanted him to, but he didn't. If I told him I liked him, he might pretend to like me back so he wouldn't hurt my feelings. That's just the way he is. He's a cute, smart, funny, caring little cinnamon roll. But it would be fake. I didn't want fake.

And last but definitely not least, my mother's teasing would be insufferable. Again, I love Mom, but she liked to tease me about pretty much everything. Honestly, most of the time she was more like an annoying friend than a Mom. She teased me a lot about Klaus now, but if I confessed my feelings then it would be like a gold mine for her.

I must have drifted off with my thoughts because Mom started shaking my shoulders, which woke me up.

"Huh? What?" I mumbled sleepily, rubbing my eyes.

"The recital is over, honey, let's go," she said.

I sat up and looked around. There was just me, my mother and a few other students who had either fallen asleep or died from Nero's horrible violin playing.

"Where's Kla- I mean, the Baudelaires?" I asked.

"I think they're still outside with Olaf and the Quagmires," Mom said worriedly.

"Should we check on them?" I asked, standing up.

"Yeah, let's just peek out the door and make sure they're alright," Mom said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door in the back of the auditorium.

We cautiously looked outside, it was hard to see in the dark, but it seemed like the Baudelaires were... running? Just running in circles on a luminous track painted in the grass.

I looked around and saw the Quagmires as well. They were hidden near the entrance to the field, watching the Baudelaires carefully.

"It looks like everyone is ok," I said, my eyes focusing on Klaus. He ran around the part of the circle closest to us and I could see that he had pulled his tie down a bit, and his hair was wild.

The butterflies in my stomach returned and I had to look away from him. "Why does he have to be so freaking cute?" I mumbled.

"What was that?" Mom asked.

I blushed, glad she couldn't see me very well in the darkness. "Oh, uh, nothing."

She rolled her eyes with a grin. "Sure..." she sang. "Well, let's go."

I nodded and looked down at the floor, still blushing. Mom laughed and dragged me off to the small apartment that we shared in the staff housing building. I did attend a few classes at the school, but I spent most of my time helping my mom in the library, so I guess they counted me as staff. Mom unlocked our door and led us inside.

"Alright, you," she said. "Go get dressed for bed and stop daydreaming about your boyfriend."

I hid my face in my hands. "Mother!" I whined.

She just laughed and patted my head. "If you don't want me to tease you, quit calling him cute in front of me," she said.

I sighed and stuck my tongue out at her. She just smirked and patted my head.

I ran off to my bedroom and locked the door behind me. "Really, Y/n? Why do you keep talking about your crush in front of your mother?" I asked no one in particular. "I am such an idiot," I said, face palming myself.

I changed into my pajamas, then unlocked my door and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Y/n? You hungry?" Mom asked, standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"No, I'm good," I said. "I think I'm gonna head to bed."

"Alright then, sweetie," Mom said. She hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

I hugged her back. "Good night, Mama. I love you."

"I love you too, Mrs. Baudelaire," she teased.

"Stop it!" I giggled, then headed to my room.

I climbed into my bed and turned off the light, then drifted to sleep with one thought on my mind.

Mrs. Y/N Baudelaire. Well, I like the sound of that...

(A/N) This chapter is a little more Klaus x Reader than the other ones, kinda romancey lol. is that a word? idek.

sorry about this line btw, "There was just me, my mother and a few other students who had either fallen asleep or died from Nero's horrible violin playing." This is my bad attempt at humor lol 😂 I have a dark sense of humor

ok, thx for reading! byeeee