Chapter 18- Reunions

Klaus's POV:

As Y/n and I walked outside, Violet and Sunny saw us and quickly ran over to hug Y/n.

"Y/n!" Sunny shrieked happily.

"You're alive!" Violet cried.

Y/n held her breath, trying to fight off the tears in her eyes as she hugged them back. "Missed you... guys," she said, her voice still strained.

"Hey, hey, be careful," I said, prying my sisters off of Y/n and her hurt back, since I knew from experience how painfully tight their hugs could be. Y/n released her breath shakily, smiling weakly at Violet and Sunny.

"You okay?" Sunny asked worriedly, wriggling out of Violet's arms to walk over to Y/n and hug her leg. Y/n chuckled a little, kneeling down to pick up Sunny.

"I'm fine," she said reassuringly. Sunny smiled and rested her head on Y/n's shoulder, and Y/n balanced her on her hip.

"Is there a doctor in this town?" I asked Violet.

"I think so," Violet said. "Is everything okay?"

"Y/n is hurt," I explained, glancing at her. She was doing a good job of keeping her composure, but the anguished look in her eyes and the unsteady rise and fall of her chest was worrying me.

"I-I'm okay," she mumbled, giving me a weak smile.

"No, you're not," I said, taking her hand and following Violet to the clinic in town. "Clearly something is very wrong and we need to get you help."

"I don't want to b-bother you," she whispered, keeping her grip on Sunny as I dragged her along.

"You absolutely are not a bother, my dear," I said firmly. "Don't worry about it."

"A-are you sure?" she asked as we stepped into the clinic.

I turned around and smiled at her, tucking a bit of her hair behind her ear. "Yes, Y/n," I said. "I'm sure." She smiled back, a faint happy sparkle lighting up her eyes through the pain. I couldn't help myself and leaned forward, gently pecking her lips.

"Yuck," Sunny babbled, fake gagging. I rolled my eyes and took her from Y/n, then set her down on one of the chairs that sat in the room. "You guys gross," Sunny shrieked. Very loudly.

Y/n started laughing, softly at first but gradually getting so hysterical that she had to lean against the wall to steady herself. I smiled, chuckling a little myself. Her laugh was extremely contagious, if not a little deranged at the same time.

"Not funny," Sunny pouted, trying to hide her own smile. "I'm serious."

Y/n wiped her eyes, taking deep breaths to calm down. She pressed one of her hands to her chest, her eyes shut tightly like she was in pain again. She probably was. She laughed so hard that even if she wasn't already hurt, she'd feel at least a little sore. I walked over to her and kissed the top of her head, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Are you alright, my darling?" I asked her, tucking strands of her hair behind her ears.

"I... think so," she said with a small chuckle, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Y/n!" Violet called from down the hallway. "Come here, I found someone who can help."

Y/n shot me a nervous glance. "C-can you come with?" she whispered. "I've never liked going to the doctor."

I sighed, shaking my head in fake disapproval. "You get kidnapped, tied up, and nearly killed, and you brush all that off like it's nothing," I say, "but you're afraid of a doctor?"