Chapter 7- His Electrifying Touch

Isadora's POV:

"They just ran," I told Y/n at breakfast the next morning.

"Yeah, me and Mom checked on you guys after the recital," she said.

"Olaf didn't do anything but yell at them to keep running," I said.

"Maybe he's hoping they'll get so tired they just give up the fortune?" Y/n suggested.

I shrugged my shoulders as the Baudelaires stumbled into the cafeteria. Klaus slid in the seat next to Y/n and rested his head on her shoulder. She blushed and I smirked at the two of them.

Violet sat next to Duncan, (naturally), and Sunny sat with me.

"Hey, guys," Duncan said.

"Hi," Sunny mumbled sleepily. I patted her little blonde head and cuddled her on my lap.

"I'm so exhausted," Klaus said.

Y/n nodded. "I bet. You guys just ran in circles all night?"

"Yeah, we barely got any sleep," Violet said.

"Well, you can come nap in the library before school if you want. I'll be in there for most of the day," Y/n offered.

Klaus sat up and smiled gratefully at her. "Thanks," he said.

"Anytime," she replied, smiling slightly at him. She started to blush, then looked down at her hands.

"Bulich," Sunny said, meaning, "They are so weird." I laughed and hugged her.

Klaus put one of his hands on Y/N's waist, then leaned in and whispered something in her ear that made her face turn deep red.

When she glanced my way, I shot her a look that said, "What was that?"

She sent me an "I'll tell you later" look.

Y/n's POV:

Klaus slid one of his warm, rough hands onto my waist, then leaned in and purred, "You're cute when you blush, little lady."

I stuck my tongue out at him and smacked his hand so he'd let go of me. He laughed and smiled, drawing his hand away from me. I smiled a little bit too, but attempted to hide it by looking away. I bit down hard on my tongue, trying to contain myself.

I felt Isadora lightly kick my leg under the table, and I turned my head to look at her.

"What was that?" she silently asked.

Since we had been best friends for so long, we could just look at each other and know exactly what the other was thinking.

"I'll tell you later," I replied in the same silent way.

I looked back at Klaus and he smirked at me, gazing into my eyes. "I'm gonna get you back for mesmerizing me with those enchanting e/c eyes of yours," he whispered playfully with a wink.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled, playing along with his game. "Oh?" I said, "And what would you do to get me back?"

He leaned in closer. "It's a surprise, little lady."

"Well, when can I get this surprise?" I asked.

"Sometime," he said with a shrug and a grin. I chuckled and he rested his forehead on mine. His touch made my heart race, but I was scared. Scared of losing him forever because of a stupid crush. So I pulled away, not meeting his gaze.