Chapter 16- Caught

(A/N) Just a warning, this chapter is kind of violent, so skip down to Olivia's POV  if you don't want to read that stuff.

Y/n's POV:

I woke up in a cold, dark room, tied to an uncomfortable chair with tape over my mouth. Every inch of my body was sore, and I had a pounding headache. Squinting, I looked around the room, trying to see someone or something in the dim light of the one lightbulb dangling above my head.

"Ah, you're awake," a scratchy voice said. "Did you have a good nap?"

I tried to say, "Where am I?" But through the tape, it came out as a long, muffled hum.

"Oh, right," the voice said with a laugh, coming into view. It was Count Olaf, but he had changed out of his ridiculous disguise as a foreign auctioneer and was wearing some grimy, ripped suit. "You can't talk. But I can fix that." He grabbed the edge of the tape, slowly peeling it off my skin so it hurt as much as possible.

"Where am I?" I asked again once my mouth was free. He sneered at me.

"Oh, Y/n. Sweet, naive Y/n." His long, sharp fingernails caressed my cheek, leaving tiny cuts in their wake. "You're captured," he said simply. "Your friends don't care about you anymore, so no one will come to look for you now."

I glared at him, not sure whether I should believe him or not. "Liar," I said, and spat into his face. He flinched, wiping the saliva off his skin. He glared back at me, his eyes bloodshot with fury, and gave my cheek a hard slap. My head snapped to the side, and I could hear my neck give a soft cracking noise. I grimaced, my cheek burning.

"Now you know that nothing you will do or say in this room comes without consequences," he said calmly, shaking his hand out as if hitting me had hurt him too.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, rolling my head a bit to work out the pain in my neck.

"I need help," Olaf replied, pacing in front of me.

"Help with what?" I snapped, raising my voice a little. He slapped my face again.

"Don't speak that way to me, you little brat," Olaf snarled.

"Really?" I asked incredulously. "I'm the brat?" He smiled evilly at me and kicked my stomach, knocking the breath out of my lungs. I gasped as quietly as I could for air, not wanting him to know I was hurt.

"Yes, you're the brat," he replied with a nasty laugh. I finally got some oxygen and mumbled curse words at him. He laughed more and roughly tilted my chin up. "I need you to do something for me," he said.

A chill ran down my spine as his foul breath filled my nose. "What does that mean?" I replied, shaking my head so he'd move his hand away and stop touching me.

"I need you to help me kidnap the Baudelaires," he said, "and make sure they don't learn too much about V.F.D."

"Absolutely not," I said immediately. "They're my friends, and I refuse to betray them."

"Do it," Olaf said, "or I'll kill the Quagmire twins."

My eyes widened in fear and rage. "They're triplets," I corrected irritatedly. "Not twins. And I swear if you hurt them I'll-"

"You'll what?" Olaf interrupted me. "You can't do anything to me because, as I'm sure you've noticed, you're trapped. Tied up and useless."

My heart pounded in terror. He was right. I couldn't do anything to him while I was in his clutches. I twisted my hands around behind me, trying to struggle out of the rope that bound my wrists together. "I may be tied up," I said, "but I am definitely not useless."