Chapter 5- Brainstorms and Rainstorms

Klaus's POV:

Y/n started dragging us to the library, but we all sped up when it started raining. We finally found a little bit of cover by one of the buildings and took a minute to rest.

While everyone else was wringing out their clothes or catching their breath, Y/n giggled and ran her hand through her soaked hair.

"What?" I asked, grinning slightly. I always liked to hear her laugh.

"Nothing, I just love the rain." She sighed, sticking her hand out of the canopy on the building to catch the water as it fell. She then stepped all the way into the rain and twirled around a bit, still giggling.

Well, that settles it, I thought. Y/n is definitely a water fairy.

I smiled and watched her dance for a moment before joining her. I grabbed her hands and twirled her around again, both of us laughing like crazy. We always used to do this together, back when life was normal. It brought back a flood of happy memories, which widened my smile by a million percent.

"Guys, we still have to get to the library!" Violet called to us.

Y/n's face brightened and she said, "I know a quick mode of transportation."

She pulled her shoes off, then stepped into the muddy grass, took a running start, and slid all the way to one of the buildings.

I turned to Violet, a mischievous grin on my face.

"Klaus, don't you dare-" she started, but I had already followed Y/n, sliding in the mud and laughing.

I caught up with her and she smiled at me. "Hey," she said.

"Hi," I replied, wiping a few raindrops off my glasses.

"Come on, we're almost at the library," Y/n said, turning around and trying to get back on the concrete. Her feet slipped in the mud and she started to fall, shrieking for a second. I quickly reached out and grabbed her waist, pulling her to me.

"Woah," she breathed. 

"Are you ok, Y/n?" I asked.

She nodded, gently prying my hands off of her. "I'm alright. Thanks for catching me."

"Anytime," I said, sticking my hands in my pockets. She stepped onto the sidewalk, her wet feet sliding around a little. I walked onto the sidewalk with her, letting her hold my arm for balance as she pulled off her muddy socks and stuck them in her shoes.

She let out a shaky sigh after a moment, letting go of my arm to hug herself. She shivered, looking pale.

"Are you cold?" I asked. Y/n glanced at me and a small bit of pink splashed across her cheeks. She hugged herself tighter and looked  behind her, where the others were still trying to catch up with us.

"I'm f-fine," she stammered, her teeth chattering. I sighed, remembering how stubborn she could be, and pulled my jacket off, putting it around her shoulders. She still shivered and sniffled, so I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me.
We stood like that for a while and swayed with the wind and the rain, slow dancing in a comfortable silence with her back pressed against my body.