Chapter 17- Sparks Of Love

Olivia's POV:

Jacques and I walked into the town of V.F.D. side by side, trying to seem casual so that we didn't draw too much attention to ourselves.

"Let's go to that saloon," Jacques whispered, walking towards the old building.

"How come?" I asked.

"It used to be a V.F.D. safe house, but since there's no volunteer fire department in this town anymore, its been abandoned for a while," Jacques explained.  "Which means it's the perfect place for us to hide out."

I nodded, following him through the swinging doors of the building. Someone was already inside and we stopped short when we saw them. They were turned around, not facing us, and sticking something to their face as they pretended to mess around behind the bar. "What can I get for ya, fellas?" the person asked in a clearly fake accent. Jacques and I glanced at each other, immediately recognizing the man.

"I'll take a cold glass of 'We've got you now, Olaf,'" Jacques said. Olaf froze, turning around with half a fake mustache clinging to his face. He frowned, backing away as Jacques stepped forward.

"Sorry, we're out," Olaf replied. "I can get you a bottle of 'You'll never catch me alive.'" He started to run away, but I flicked my whip at his legs and caught his ankle, making him fall to the ground.

Jacques knelt next to him, holding a pair of handcuffs in his face. "Do you know what these are?" he asked.

"Cold metal bracelets of justice?" Olaf guessed as Jacques handcuffed his arms behind his back. 

"They're handcuffs," Jacques replied, "used to contain prisoners. You're under arrest, Count Olaf."

"Darn it," Olaf mumbled, getting to his feet as Jacques pulled him off the ground.

"I guess coming here was a good idea," I said as we walked Count Olaf to the jail in the town.

"I guess so," Jacques replied, smiling at me. I blushed a little and had to look away from him.

"Ugh, love. Gross," Olaf scoffed. Jacques smacked the back of his head disapprovingly and I stifled a laugh. "Ow!" Olaf complained.

"No one asked for your opinion," Jacques admonished. "You have the right to remain silent."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Olaf grumbled as we walked into the jail. Jacques led him down a hallway and locked him up in a jail cell.

"Where are the triplets?" I asked Olaf. "And my daughter?"

"Triplets?" Olaf repeated. "You mean the one who writes poetry and the one who cries all the time? I thought they were twins."

"They're triplets," I confirmed. "Where are you hiding them?"

Olaf laughed nastily. "I'll never tell."

I was getting upset now. I wrapped my hands around the bars of the jail cell and stepped closer. "Where are they? Where is my daughter?"

Olaf smirked. "The Quagmires are somewhere you'll never find them," he said. "As for your daughter..." He trailed off with a dismissive click of his tongue, starting to pick at his fingernails. "Let's just say, she won't be a problem anymore."

"Did you... kill her?" Jacques asked in a strained voice. Olaf just laughed. Jacques and Y/n hadn't known each other very long, but I knew he cared about her as if she were his own daughter.

I tried to hold back my tears. "Olaf must be lying," I mumbled. "There's no way anyone could just... just kill someone and be so okay with it."

"I'm not the one who killed her," Olaf said casually. "But she has been killed."