14

The nervous tapping of his fingers against his trousers continued as he awaited Y/n's response.

Was he being shut down? Did he say something wrong or offensive? His mind slowly started to ramble and go on about irrational fears that he had, he bit the inside of his cheeks, his heart pacing itself faster with each coming second.

Her eyes widened, immediately shifting them down the polo she was wearing. A look of realization hit her like a ton of bricks, she bowed her head, the flashes of embarassing things that she had done when she was under the influence of alcohol ran past her mind like a car blurring into the distance.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Well, that was unexpected. Taehyung expected a look of disgust from Y/n after she didn't reply to him for what felt like eternity.

Taehyung abruptly shaked his hand and nervously chuckled, the once seductive like aura he had around him disappeared and the love stricken Taehyung showed up right away, attempting to clear up the air between them. "No it's okay!" His attempt at trying to make Y/n feel better wasn't going well and that's to be expected.

He was a literal stranger to her but to Taehyung, he was the sky and she was the bright luminous colors filling up the plain blue sky.

"No, I'm really sorry if I've done anything embarrassing or weird to you I'm so, so, sorry..." Her voice was ladened with remorse as she bowed her head repeatedly, whispering her apologies ever so often.

Taehyung cautiously tapped on her shoulder and shot her his signature rectangle smile, his eyes crinkling into a smile in the process. "It's okay! You were feeling cold, sorry if the fabric wasn't warm enough..." His kind smile and soft voice was enough to put anyone in a state of relief. Her shoulders relaxed, the hand that was formed into a fist unrestrained itself and her once stressed and embarrassed expressions turned warm and almost, cozy.

She let out a sigh of relief, closing her eyes for a second before opening them and looking into the painters eyes. In your eyes, he could see the world just twinkling about, the shine, the life, and the color that continued to enthrall him.

"But still, I'll be returning this to you tomorrow!" She stated, smiling at him and patting his shoulders before raising her voice a tad bit and bidding him goodbye, waving her hands and keeping her eyes on Taehyung before putting her attention to her destination.

The moment she entered the faculty, Taehyung smiled foolishly towards himself and wasn't even sure about what else he was gonna do, the sole purpose of him coming to Namjoon's workplace was to see the goddess that captured his heart.

Taehyung excitedly skipped along and walked out the building, without a moments notice, his phone started buzzing, alerting Taehyung who immediately fished his hands inside and reel the phone out.

He opened it, a new message popping up on his screen, confused, he tapped on it with furrowed brows.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey it's Y/n, I got your number
from Namjoon ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

I hope you don't mind!

Taehyungs smile turned brighter as he kept on lapping his eyes at the message for what seemed to the the nth time. His fingers hurriedly tapped on the keyboard of his screen, his hands shook from nervousness that he kept on messing up his message.

In the end, all he could type out was a simple;

Taehyung

It's fine.

Taehyung proceeded to put her number into his saved contacts and changed the name.

Y/n

Did his message seem too cold? He wondered if that was okay or if it seemed way too distant, Taehyung sighed and placed the phone back inside his pocket. He didn't feel any buzzing anymore and thought that maybe Y/n was working now.

He left the campus, the smile of satisfaction and more etched across his face. Feeling inspired, he hurried onto his workplace and shut the door when he arrived, flicking the lights on and taking a piece of paper, his pens, erasers and ect.

Although he didn't really have any ideas or coherent sketches in mind, his fingers and the sound of the pencil scratching the paper continued it's melodic tune. His eyes focused on his piece, darting it back and forth to adjust the errors. The pen between his fingers moved swiftly and gracefully added the curves to the eyelashes, the hairs softly framing the sides of her face and the stray ones flying off to who knows where.

Finishing the shading on the eyes, he placed his pencils down. What felt like forever was just a quick 30 minute sketch that came from the sudden burst of inspiration.

He leaned on his chair, carefully examining his finished sketch with a soft smile playing on his lips. Although he may seem calm right now, Taehyung still couldn't get that image of Y/n clinging onto him, looking up his eyes and pulling him in deeper towards the hole that houses his feelings for her.

And he was still falling, seven years and he still wasn't reaching the end of his feelings for Y/n, it just seemed infinite now that she's here smiling and talking to him.

Just an endless loop, an endless hole, an everlasting tunnel where the exit doesn't exist.

He slouched over and grazed his hands on the sketch, his eyes lingering on the intoxicating look her shiny e/c orbs had, although it was just a quick sketch and didn't have that many details, but he succesfully recreated that look her eyes had that night.

Perfection, that's what she is.