08

After Taehyung's family left, he closed the door and slumped against the door, taking a deep breath in and exhaling it out. His fingers shakes and trembles, he felt so angry towards his parents, he hated them for abandoning him and choosing to ignore him.

But now that they need something, they don't even apologize and just barge into his life and demand that Taehyung follows whatever kind of disgusting orders they have for him.

Taehyung closed his eyes, all he could see was red, his anger, his hatred, and rage that boiled through his veins.

The house fell silent, dead silent. Yoongi and Namjoon who were still in the kitchen let out a breath that they were holding in ever since Taehyung took the liberty to drag his family out of the door.

Namjoon gently let his phone down against the countertops and sighed, almost dialing the emergency hotline. Yoongi turned and got two cold glasses of water.

The bleach blonde male looked at Namjoon and sighed, "It's your first time witnessing that, right?" Yoongi asked, gulping the cold drink down his throat. His porcelain hands slightly shaking from the nervousness he felt earlier.

Namjoon grabbed his soju again and took a swig before capping it and placing it on the fridge to cool. He nodded his head and looked far beyond the window, "I feel bad for Tae." He mumbled to which the blonde man could only nod his head in agreement.

Yoongi jogged over to Taehyung who remained on the ground, heavily breathing and clutching his hand tightly to ensure that they would stop shaking so much. Yoongi knelt beside his friend and offered him a glass of water.

Taehyung let his eyes flutter open and muttered a quick thank you to his friend before chugging it down, feeling the cool water calm his raging soul.

Namjoon soon came into view and shot the painter a small smile, feeling sad and frustrated because he couldn't do anything to at least help his friend.

That was when he remembered what they were talking about earlier within the day. The professor literally skidded across the floor and ended up in front of the painter who could only look at him in confusion, "Remember when I told you that the teachers were planning on drinking?" Taehyung nodded, unsure as to where Namjoon could go with this.

"And you asked me if your first love who I still don't know is gonna be there, right?" Taehyung lightly laughed, remembering their conversation before shit went down.

Taehyung smiled, the wrinkles near his eyes creasing up with the upwards motion of his lips, "And you asked what her name was," The professor nodded his head eagerly.

Without the painters' notice, the feelings of his anger and rage quietly bubbled down, disappearing within the chasm of his heart like it wasn't even there to begin with. He felt happy, relaxed even that you were the topic of their conversation.

It was weird, your name, your presence, and the image just managed to calm him down, "It's y/n." The painter chuckled.

"Ooh, that's a pretty name- wait what?" Namjoon immediately interrupted himself, his eyes nearly bulging out of his skull from shock. The painter merely laughed at Namjoon who was in a state of shock.

The bleach blonde man could only snort at his friend's face and roll his eyes simultaneously, "That really nice and pretty highschool teacher!" He exclaimed, grabbing Taehyung's hand and completely forgetting about the fierce fight between the painter's family and himself.

"Yeah, her." Taehyung breathed out, nuzzling his back against the cold door. Namjoon immediately pulled out his phone and scrolled through their teacher group chat, looking at the votes on who's going and who's not.

That's when he saw your name, right below Namjoon's on the yes side of the poll, the professors eyes lit up and he immediately pushed the phone right up on Taehyung's eyes, "She's going, you should definitely come!"

The painters eyes scanned the names and smiled to himself, Taehyung looked over to Yoongi and the bleach-haired man softly shook his head, "I have a night shift." Taehyung nodded his head and patted Yoongi's blonde hair, ruffling it out and messing with it even more.

The cloudy sky seemed to vanish, the sun came out of its hiding spot and decided to bless the three friends with a sunny day, letting its luminous rays softly touch on the interior of the home.

Namjoon kept on talking about the party, mentioning the painters first love once in a while until the topic went to Taehyung and how he came to the fact that he likes Y/n.

The slight blush that dabbled on his cheeks grew redder the more the conversation was shifted to his affection towards the female, his ears piping up in a very red tint as Namjoon kept on pestering the painter with endless questions.

"So, how did you meet?" Was one of the questions the professor threw out, Taehyung caught it and smiled to himself, the edges of his lips tugging and pulling into a soft smile.

"School, the hallway towards the teacher's office," Taehyung answered, Namjoon kept silent, enticing the painter to keep on going. "Um, I was just bored out of my mind back then and needed to retake a quiz, I turned around and she was walking towards me- well towards the faculty door," Taehyung laughed his eyes softly crinkling into a smile as he remembered the memory.

The professor kept in mind that topics surrounding you made the painter very chatty, he was such a silent guy that it caught Namjoon off guard for a slight second that Taehyung was being this talkative. It honestly brought a smile to the teacher's face.

"She's just so... I don't know, amazing..." Taehyung piped up, his eyes softly twinkling, no sign of anger or aggression remained on his face and his voice felt so fluttery and carefree, he just felt happy reminiscing memories of you back then.

Yoongi on the other hand slowly managed to drift himself off to sleep as he listened to Taehyung ramble on about things that made him happy, a smile on the older man's face prevailed even when he was drifting off to slumber.

"You don't say, bro," Namjoon replied, although Taehyung and him weren't friends from elementary school like Yoongi, the professor was happy seeing Taehyung look and sound so comfortable, happy, and excited.

"She just brought color into my life, man. I wasn't having the best teenage life you know, but having feelings for her and understanding that I like her just made everything look not black and white. That there is a point and that seeing her smile just made my life colorful."

Although Namjoon couldn't understand Taehyung's connection to Y/n with colors, it somewhat made sense to him, Taehyung was brought up in a strict family where no one really cared for him and the feeling of love and affection was foreign to the painter.

Somewhere and somehow, Y/n brought a little bit of color back into Taehyung who was just an empty canvas back then, unsullied, shallow, and nothing.

"It's weird, it just burst y'know? I know you're probably wondering why I keep on going about colors but..." Taehyung trailed off, his heart thumping against his chest, making the sound feel like it's happening everywhere in his body.

"What I feel for y/n is just that colorful."