17. His care, her respect.

Start from the beginning

My eyes flutter open at the harsh whispering outside the room. I moved a little wincing, suddenly a  disgusting feeling awoke in my chest. Its that sticky feeling when you know that you have overflowed and ruined your clothes and everything else. That didn't make me get up from the bed with shock. It was the realization of being in Manik's office and ruining everything. Embarrassment would be a understatement to describe what I was feeling.  My face felt hot. Smoking hot. The door knob moved making me more panicked then I already was.

"Manik stop being stupid yr. She's fine." I heard Mukti's voice making me fist the blanket around me. I looked at the door horrified when Manik switched on the lights and Mukti stood behind him.

"See she's already up and I just wanted to look at her face after that horrible meeting." Both of them entered inside closing the door behind them making me panic more. I tried to smile but I knew my face looked like I had just seen a ghost.

"Hey what happened.? Did you have a bad dream.?" Manik asked sitting beside me on the bed and I fisted the blanket more tightly. My knuckles turned white as how tight I was holding it.

"ummm... no I- I just woke up with the noise.. yeah with the noises." I said trying to tighten my fist more. Manik looked at me unsure and then his eyes travelled down to my hands. I tightened my hands more if it was even possible.

Maybe Mukti understood everything because she came toward us and pulled Manik aside from me. Manik glared at her when she took the seat where he was previously seated on. I looked at her terrified and she looked down at the blanket and then back at my face. I merely nodded at her when Manik made her face him.

"Mukti give us a moment." He whispered softly. She glared at him but he whispered a soft Please. Mukti looked at me and stood up. I looked at her scared not wanting her to go. I begged her with my eyes but she just blinked her eyes at me in assurance, making me panic more. Was she going to let Manik handle all this.? I'll die from the embarrassment. Please No Mukti. But Mukti just headed out whispering she'll arrange some clothes.

Manik headed to the door and securely locked it. I pulled the duvet more up and tightened. What the hell was I supposed to do.? I am gonna kill Mukti once I am out of this situation. She's supposed to be my person. But she just left me to die from this embarrassment. I looked at Manik to see him still facing the door taking deep breaths. I know he knows everything. Maybe he'll walk out of the door and let me handle this disaster by myself. But he didn't. He turned back and sat beside me.

"Come let's get you inside the washroom." Manik whispered softly, he tugged at the blanket making me tighten more.

"M...Manik..... Its n...nothing I can handle. You guys c...carry on with your meeting. I'll b..be out in a..a second." I looked down at my lap embarrassed.

"Nandini. Look at me." He said but when I didn't he cupped my face and made me look at his eyes.

"Baby Its okay. Don't feel bad about it. It's natural. I am okay with it." He whispered placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Aap please chaliye na bahar. I'll be okay." I whispered closing my eyes and a tear dropped from my eyes. I have never felt this bad ever. I felt disgusted.

"Nandini if your smiles are mine then so is your tears. If your happiness is mine then so is your sadness. If your joy is mine then so is your pain. I vowed to be yours in every sense. Please let me be the man you deserve. The one who can be proud of your achievements and at the same time your shoulder to cry on your bad days. Please let me be your everything." He joined our foreheads together making me sniff.

"Manik you ARE the man I deserve. But you don't need to do this to prove anything. Its just plain disgusting." I whispered back.

"Nandini nothing is disgusting. Samjhi tum.?? Baby... I want to be a part of every little thing in your life. And I am so proud of you and every women on this planet to do this every month, bear this pain every month. Please baby. Let me do this, hm?" I placed my lips on his, my tears flowing. He kissed me back. This was my first kiss. Our first proper kiss... where he didn't tell me he loved me but he promised to take my pain away. This was much more important to me then those three words. Because anyone can be a part of your happiness but the ones who are with you in tough times.. are the ones who really matters.