Splitsville

tw for this whole chapter- there is LOADS of talk and mentions of scars and cuts (Umbridge's detention) so please please please only read this if you truly can handle it. You are loved and above all, you are so so swag. ily all with my whole heart thank you for reading.

"Good morning children," Umbridge said, our first lesson of the day being a defense against the dark arts. 

The whole class when silent, Fred and I sat next to each other quickly throwing our stuff into our pockets. My mood switched as I heard her voice, the anger rising in my chest. Umbridge pointed her wand at a stack of books, the books slowly distributing themselves to our desks. 

Year 7, Defense against the Dark Arts

"Study hard in my class and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the consequences may be severe." She said

"Severe? Looks like another rough year for us" Fred said, letting out a chuckle.

"Mr. Weasley is it? Students raise their hands in my class." She scolded Fred, biting back his laughter. 

"Easy enough," He said, a small chuckle spilling out of my mouth. 

"Ms. Dupont is something funny? Care to explain to the class what is so funny about rule-breaking and endangering those around you?" Umbridge said, walking towards us. 

"No ma'am, I'm sorry," I said, shutting my mouth. 

"Glad to see you've learned something in my class. One more peep out of the two of you and it's detention." Umbridge said, the class going radio-silent.

"If you are going-" Fred started before I elbowed him in the side.

"Shut it, Weasley," I said through my teeth. 

"Did I hear something?" Umbridge asked

"I was just going to ask how you would defend yourself against erm- grindylows?" I asked, picking up the conversation. 

"I see you've come ready to learn this year Ms. Dupont, well sadly that is a later lesson but I admire the ambition to learn!" Umbridge said, her voice going high. We spent the rest of class going over her class rules, it feels like the first year all over again. 

"Class dismissed, oh and Ms. Dupont may I speak with you after class?" She said 

"Of course professor," I said my heart skipping a beat. 

"I assume you want to keep our prior encounters under the radar hmm? To forget?" She asked

"I would like nothing more than a fresh start" I started

"Im sorry but I am not one to forgive and forget Dupont, you will be a good student this time around, no fire, no fireworks. Nothing of the sorts hmm?" She said 

"No fire or fireworks professor. I am a good student now, a new person" I lied, hoping she didn't look into my detention logs. 

"Well well well, lying again I see. You know how I feel about lies." She said 

"Im sorry to say goodbye professor but I have to plan for tonight's quidditch tryouts," I said, hurrying to the door. 

"Remember my rules Ms. Dupont, and your hands will be much less sore than your first years." She said 

"Still using those old quills huh Dolores?" I said, earning myself an angry nod and smile. 

"What was all that rubbish about?" Fred asked as I left her room, waiting outside for me. 

"I need to tell you some things Freddie, about her," I said, grabbing his hand and leading him to the common room, where it was thankfully empty. Taking a seat on the couch he looked suddenly worried.