Chap 62

Sunoo links his arm with Mr.Kim's, says with him something while walking towards the gate. Sunoo held out his hand and opens the gate. Mr.Kim nods and pats Sunoo, Sunoo looks at him and smiles and waves goodbye to him.

-Good night Sunoo.

-You too, good night.

It's getting dark, the streetlights are on, Sunoo rests his shoulder on the gate, quietly looks at his dad steeping further away. Seeing the warm and weak lights, Mr.Kim silently walks, his legs sometimes stops a bit, his head is turning a bit, he's about to looking back, but he didn't

Sunoo looks at him, his heart clenches, he covers his mouth when he saw his dad's shoulder shivers slightly. Mr.Kim steps slowly, but he doesn't stop. His shadow shines down on the road made him look so lonely. Sunoo holds the gate tightly, until Mr.Kim is already gone behind the bushes, he sits down, holds his chest that's aching.

_______________

-Mom, tell me, this whole thing, why? 

Ni-Ki steps in front of his mom, asks angrily, this is the first time in his whole life that he raised with voice while talking to his parents. 

Ni-Ki's mom looks at him, she doesn't react childishly like what she would normally do, she only sips the tea gently.

-I will tell you everything if you sits down, be calm and behave.

-Joe....my wife, he...how could I be calm?

The smell of alcohol is spreading all over from Ni-Ki, he's very wasted now, so drunk that all of his thoughts that he used to keep to himself, has exploded. His mom stands up, looks at her son sadly, she knew that this day will come, but, it's way more painful then she thought.

She remembers the first time she met Sunoo, a boy that has a joyful smile but sad eyes. Though she knew about Sunoo's condition and disease, but seeing her son changed after meeting Sunoo, all of her hesitating vanished. She thought that when Ni-Ki found out about this, he would be mad and mess everything up, but he doesn't, he just stay silent. But as a mother, she knows her son very well, and she knew that one day, he couldn't stay silent anymore and will let it all out. 

Ni-Ki's mom sips the tea again. Slowly tells Ni-Ki all the thing that Mrs.Kim had told her. Every single sentence, every single word is like a thousands needles, pinching into Ni-Ki's heart, and made his legs trembles and can't stand straight.

After saying everything, Ni-Ki's mom sighs, she stands up, holds Ni-Ki's shoulder, gently.

-I know, this is not easy to accept, but son, don't hate that boy.

Ni-Ki stood there, he can't say anything. He had never been so "drunk", his minds is turning and turning around, Ni-Ki doesn't know if he's still conscious or not. It's like all his energy is sucked up in just a moment. Ni-Ki falls down on the ground, he holds his hand tight.

-You know everything...why..why did you still letting him steps into my life....why...did you made me so in love with him...that's....that's so unfair.

Ni-Ki remembers clearly the first time Sunoo has ever appeared in his life. The joyful smile made everything around him change. Ni-Ki is not looking at the piano the way he used to before when he hated it. Because every week he would have to play the piano for Sunoo, whenever he demands it. Ni-Ki also remembers the time when he carried Sunoo, he always complains that Sunoo is so heavy that he might be heavier than a pig. But now, Sunoo is too skinny, so skinny that it frightened Ni-Ki. We don't know when, but now sometimes Ni-Ki is afraid of looking at Sunoo, looking at that blue and pale face that's losing its spirit day by day.