22 - 이십이 장

Start from the beginning

No one gave her a pitiful glance and all she heard was their insults and comments on how weak and stupid she was. The embarrassment was too much to hold so Sowon stood up and ran away where her feet took her and right now, she was here.

"I heard what happened." She heard him say and softly sighed, expecting him to look down on her as well. "But I don't think it's your fault since all of them were trying to attack you."

"You think so?" Her voice was filled with surprise.

Hoseok nodded, "I know so."

Sowon could not help but stare at her classmate in awe. When everyone hated and was against her, why was he being so kind? Was this a prank?

"Is this a prank, is anyone recording this moment to make fun of me?"

Sowon was suddenly wary of the trees surrounding them and looked around but found no one around. She heard him sigh and found him frowning.

"Why would I do that to you?"

She shrugged, "Because everyone hates me?"

"I don't hate you but why do others hate you?"

She was silent for a moment.

The air blew around them but Sowon was still unsure how to answer him. He said he didn't hate her so could she trust him? She didn't want to be hurt and also, his second question was something she always asked herself.

Why do my classmates hate me?

She would never know why they all picked on her. "Maybe because I am ugly? Average student? I don't even know."

She yelped when suddenly Hoseok grabbed her shoulders, making her face him instead of the air.

"What are you-"

"Look Sowon. I know we are not close and this is our first conversation but I need you to know that you are not ugly nor are you an average girl. They don't have the right to bully or pick you because it makes them trash. Do you get me? Next time, don't just stand there and cry or run away. Face your problems and confront them."

Hoseok patted her shoulders before leaving her frozen to her spot in shock as she watched him walk away. Did he mean what he said?

All his words somehow made sense and she understood what he meant. But could she do it? Overcome her fears and problems by confronting them?

There was only one way to find out. She stood up, determined to go back and teach them a lesson.

That was the last day anyone made fun of her because Sowon had entered the classroom and confronted all her classmates about why she was being picked indirectly.

Some scoffed, some threatened her for being over-smart but she didn't waver. She even kicked a guy in his manhood on instinct when he tried to harass her. Everyone was silently watching her in shock, not knowing where this version of Sowon came from.