The night we met

9 years ago
We went to the fair.
This is fun.
Moms happy, she's laughing and smiling holding his hand. Brandon.
She keeps looking at him, whispering in his ears.
Now he's smiling.
I want to hide.
I turn to look at at mom. "Is it alright if I wonder around" I told mom.She nodded.
Brandon stared, looking disappointed.
I began walking away, afraid he would convince my mom to stay with them.
Never.
I stopped near a gold carousel. There were horses.
I like horses.
It kept spinning and spinning and spinning.
This made me happy really happy.
I moved closer and closer and closer.
I wanted to touch it.
"I don't think that's a good idea". A voice said behind me. A boy.
I was nervous, my hands felt sticky.
" I have a spare ticket" he reached his hand out, his emerald eyes urging me to take it.
I took it.
We waited together, watching people ride the horses.
It stopped. My smile grew wider and wider.
"Come on" he ran towards the horses.
I ran behind him.
I sat on a unicorn. Next to him.
He laughed as we spun around. I laughed with him.
This is fun, no Brandon, no house.
My hair whipped in the wind.
He was staring. I was staring. We smiled. We laughed.
But the ride ended and we had to get off.
Brandon stood next to mom. He looked angry.
Time to go home.

Present day
"Congratulations to the lucky winners" the senator spoke in the microphone. "And enjoy your day" he finished getting off the podium.

" let's go" Ronan got up moving towards our target.

He's back to normal I guess. I got up patting myself down from any mess taking my sweet time.

"Hurry up" his voice sounding irritated.

I shrugged at him, slowly walking behind him annoying him even more.

We walked towards the senator and found him with two body guards and his agent trailing after. He entered this car and drove off. Two more trailing after.

" and this is exactly why my plan is perfect" I teased turning around.

" where are you going" he began following after me.

"To the fair, I have nothing that needs doing unless Sebastian sent you new information?"

He didn't answer.

"Thought so" as I got closer and closer I could hear the music that played in the background and the sound of kids laughter.

" well I'm staying with you whether you want me to or not" I heard him say from behind me.

"Great!" I exclaimed grabbing his arm, running towards the ticket booth.

"Be a gentlemen and pat for our tickets" I said giving him an innocent look.

He rolled his eyes pulling his wallet out "you're about to owe me a lot of money"

"Keep rolling your eyes you might find a brain in there"

" whatever you say lamb, come" he said holding two ticket strips.

We walked around a while watching as families enjoyed themselves, couples walking hand in hand, children running and screaming in excitement. I almost forgot how normal this was. As if my life had ever been that.

I first went on the roll coaster , feeling the rush in my body. I could let lose and not worry about anything for a minute.

I went from ride to ride. Ronan never joined he only stood there waiting for the ride to end. Always looking impatient.

The sun began to set, the sky covered in stars, looking up making me smile. I closed my eyes enjoying ever piece of this moment.

"Are you done?" Ronan interrupted.

I snapped my eyes upon putting my head down. "Thanks for ruining the moment"

"Always" he grinned.

"There's just one more ride" I began running towards the carousel feeling the buzz of energy.

I stopped in front of the riding horses watching as they spun around.

I felt Ronan behind me watching as they twirled around.

I looked down and frowned at my empty hands. I was out of tickets.

" I have a spare ticket"

I turned around to face Ronan and found his hand stretched out.

Talk about de ja vu.

"Thanks" I said snatching the tickets from his hands, grabbing the ticket tight.

I stood there waiting for the carrousel to stop moving. My feet moving uncontrollably from the excitement I felt.

Ronan moved to stand next to me as we both watched the horses spin around.

" i like horses" I whispered.

I turned my head to look at him and found him staring, his emerald eyes piercing my own.

The ride stopped allowing others to get on.

"Come on" he said moving towards the plastic horses.

I followed him after feeling giddy. I sat across from him on a white unicorn. Smiling to myself.

The ride began moving, the horses moving up and down making me laugh with joy.

He was staring at me with a wide grin. A little laugh escaping his lips.

" was that a laugh I heard" the wind whipping at my wig and hat.

He shrugged his shoulders turning to look forward. His expression turning into a frown.

The ride finally stopped and we both got off. Neither of us talking to each other.

***
We made our way back to the hotel room in utter silence.

I thought we might have been getting closer, enough to call us friends but I was wrong.

He returned the cold stares he went back to ignoring me.

Was I disappointed? Maybe a little bit, I thought we were getting somewhere. Oh well.

Once we entered the apartment, he went straight to his room slamming it shut.

"What's up your ass" I yelled, a little hope he would reply.

He didn't.

I shook my head removing my wig, heading towards the couch slouching down. I grabbed my phone, an unknown number appeared underneath a message.

I tapped messages and read what it said.

I went completely still. I read it again to make sure I read it right and sure enough I did.

"I know what you did to Brandon"