And He Cried Mercy... *1*

Darkness surrounds me. I feel numb and my arms are heavy as I try to move. My wrists are tied with zip-ties and are burned from me struggling.

In the distance I see a light and hear a voice. "Where are you Mercy?!" the deep husky voice called. I instantly lost all of my calmness and shifted away from the where I heard his voice until I felt a wall against my back. I held my breath and stayed as silent as I could, hoping that the man wouldn't find me. I felt my pocket vibrate and start to ring, I had forgotten that my phone was there. I always thought it would keep me safe, but now it leads me to my death sentence.

I heard footsteps grow louder and I screamed in fear. 'It's all over now.' I thought. "Ah there you are Mercy." I heard him whisper in my ear.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" I screamed!

I felt someone shake me and my eyes fluttered open to reveal Adams face. I clung to him for dear life, hoping that it was all a dream. I heard Adam whispering something but I couldn't quite make it out. "What's wrong?"I finally heard him say.

"The...dark...tied...man... trapped." I managed to squeak out. I sobbed uncontrollably again, remembering my dream.

It was a dream right?

I sat there silently crying in his arms with that question lingering I my mind, and finally drifted off to sleep.

A dreamless slumber...