55|allison saved us

Start from the beginning

The woman from the school parking lot - Malia's mother; the Desert Wolf.

"Riley!" Stiles shouted as he got closer.

I turned to see Malia running at me, shoving me out of the way and grabbing her mother. Malia had used her strength when moving me, causing me to be thrown at the far wall.

Malia and her mother tripped over each other, both of them falling onto the McCall's glass coffee table. As they struggled Stiles ran to my side, checking me for injuries.

"Are you okay?" he asked in a panic.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I said quickly, sitting up and rubbing my shoulder. "You need to go. Right now."

"And leave you with the crazy lady with a gun? Yeah, sure thing."

Rolling up onto my knees, I saw the Desert Wolf beginning to work towards us, her eyes focused on me. She knew who I was and my relationship with Malia.

If hurting me would hurt her, she would do it without hesitation.

Stiles noticed my shoulders stiffening, glancing behind to see the woman. His jaw clenched as he climbed to his feet and rushed at the woman.

I don't know what he thought he was doing, but he was completely unsuccessful. As Stiles reached for her, she grabbed him and, expertly throwing him down onto the smashed glass from the coffee table.

"Stiles!" I shouted, feeling my body begin to tremble.

He rolled over to look at me, revealing a large shard of glass protruding from his chest, blood dripping down it. As the Desert Wolf was distracted with Malia, I ran over to Stiles.

Reaching towards his chest, my hands were shaking. He looked up at me, his eyes half rolling back from pain and adrenalin.
"Hey, hey, I need you to stay awake, please," I begged, trying not to cry.

With one hand on his chest need the shard and the other on the side of his face, I told him to open his eyes. He did so weakly, head falling back to rest on the floor.
"I'm fine. Go and help Malia."

When I heard a gunshot, I knew I had to go. "Don't die," I demanded as I stood up.

He attempted to laugh, wincing as he did so. The look on his face made me hesitate, but I knew I had to help my sister.

"It's not the full moon, Malia, but you know what? It's close enough," The Desert Wolf said, shooting her in the stomach again.

Malia cried out in pain, asking her to stop. I tried to think of a way I could help without getting shot in the head when I remembered Plan A.

Reaching into my jacket, I pulled out the item that Scott had given me in the hospital. Getting my sister's attention, I threw it over to her.

She unwrapped it, to reveal a jar with claws inside of it. I recognised them immediately as the claws of the man who had tried to steal Scott's power back on the night of Senior Scribe.

Malia's mother approached her, eyes glowing and claws extended. As she reached her daughter, who was backed against a wall, she drove her claws into her stomach.
"I want my power back," she growled.

The girl was able to get the jar open in time, connecting the claws to her own before dropping the jar. The item smashed loudly at her feet as her eyes began to glow.

Malia returned the favour, burying the much larger claws into her mother's abdomen. "I want my family back."

As Malia's cobalt blue eyes began to glow even brighter, the Desert Wolf's mouth hung open in both shock and pain. As the woman's eyes faded, Malia ripped the claws out.