"What are you-?" Vik asked again.

"I need a flat surface." Simon used his school ID to cut a line on Vik. The small hill was snorted up by Simon. Vik giggled at the feeling on his tummy. Simon's head fell back and a euphoric smile spread across from ear to ear. 

In all honesty, Simon had done a half of a tab earlier in the day but it didn't grant him as much peace as he wanted. Much is needed in order to fully escape the heavy grasps of reality. They get heavier, then the intake gets higher. He wants to be smothered by a blanket of imagination that can't be clawed through from the outside. A blanket of darkness that covered him and played any image he wanted as the hands of sanity pushed in, wrinkling the protection, trying to steal him back.

"Have you ever done both at the same time?" Simon straddled Vik.

"No. Mixing's dangerous." Vik warned.

"No. It's eye opening." Simon hummed. "What's your favorite flavor?" The question triggered something in Vik causing him to fall off of Simon's wavelength. Simon watched the soul in his pupils vanish with the wind of whispering voices in his head. So the sitting boy waited.

The inside of Vik's mind was quiet. His thoughts tread across his neurons in silence. He didn't need to echo what the transmitters just sent in order to hear them. Just the action of thinking was enough. Every flavor he's ever been graced with ghosted over his tongue. As the mystery of how he could taste what was not there twisted his brain, the blue blob began to swirl, shake, and layer itself. It was coming alive. Vik focused on the illusions. Nothingness had come to life, and he welcomed it to flow all around him. His world had become so cozy. His elevated senses kept him company. There is so much to process that loneliness has no room.

"Green apple." he answered after a few minutes. "But I eat it like you're supposed too."

"Are you gonna do a line?" Simon poked his cheek. Vik slowly shook his head. "Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it." He repeated, increasingly closer to Vik's right ear.

"Fine." Vik gave in. Simon rolled off of Vik and onto his back. The same motion was repeated by Vik on Simon's stomach. It sort of stung since this was not his typical way of consuming the dust. His nose kept twitching and sniffling. He could hear the echoes of someone laughing at him. It was probably Simon.

The rhythmic beating of his heart started to pick up. The sensation created jitters all throughout his muscles. Vik found it difficult to sit still. Lightheadedness overtook his ability to think. Beyond that point him and Simon descended back into a delusion. 

A painful poking sensation dug into his arms and back. Simon's eyelids raised halfway before being unable to raise them any further. Night's black sky still hung over. Fuzzy images of leaves rendered in his vision. It was branches that were hurting him so. Once he realized he had been sleeping in the bushes, Simon pushed himself to his knees. Dirt caked his hands, knees, and pants. He did his best brushing it off. As he cleaned himself, he spotted an extensive hole in the dirt to his left. This is what he must've spent his energy doing. Some mulch was shoved back into the hole before it came clear that trying to refill it would be futile. The gardener will probably think it was from a fox anyway. 

The blue luminescence eased itself on the eyes. The world around was now reconstructing itself into a recognizable exterior. Several feet away Vik was stood pressing his forehead against one of the legs of the tower. His coat hung off of a shoulder. Simon stumbled his way over while regaining use of his legs. A finger tap on the exposed shoulder scared Vik out of his trance. 

"You good?" Simon made sure. Vik smacked his lips a couple times before replying,

"Yeah. Do I look good?" Vik checked his hands and arms. Upon first glance nothing seemed to be bleeding or broken. Nothing felt like so either. Still, it's good to ask someone else to be sure.